Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Lack of gloves doesn’t bother me, as long as they’re washing their hands freq (not sure how anyone would know that) or touching directly touching stuff that I’m going to eat raw (like a salad).

I honestly feel like people don’t know how to use gloves “correctly” (having a false sense of security), and the gloves end up protecting the employee (very important, of course) more than they protect the customer.

The grossiest thing that happened to me this past wk (not COVID-19 related) was when an employee (at a restaurant that shall remain nameless) sneezed, blew their nose, and then grabbed my to-go bag WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS. Gloves or not, that’s just disgusting. I wrote an e-mail to the restaurant about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pasjoli

Paired with

Shunji

Urasawa

Paired with

Bulgarini

23 Likes

HI @ilykejordans,

Nice set of meals. :slight_smile: If I may ask, how much was the Urasawa takeout and what did you think of it?

$200 + tax/tips, honestly it’s my favorite bento out of all the ones I’ve had. I would argue the QPR is actually there considering it is Urasawa, they give you the actually ceramics/utensils you get at dinner to keep.

6 Likes

FTC baller alert

4 Likes

Wow you are entering into @PorkyBelly territory here! Beautiful shots of lovely food!!

1 Like

Had no idea this place was still in business, it’s been so long since the name has been dropped.

2 Likes

woah, mic drop

2 Likes

There are four dinners available daily for pickup or delivery: a version of the restaurant’s chicken Parm, served with spaghetti marinara and green bean almondine; vegetable lasagna with creamed spinach and garlic bread; meatloaf Salisbury in a red wine porcini peppercorn sauce with mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, Brussels sprouts and mushrooms; and New York sirloin au poivre in a brandy peppercorn sauce with peas and carrots, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and potato purée.

6 Likes

see those tamago strips again…I assume rice underneath?
love the wines!

Cool idea. Total makes sense to do.

Was craving some yuk gae jang (Spicy beef noodle soup) last night and hit up Kobawoo House to go. Gotta get the Mandoo add ons. It was so good.

They’re open from around lunch time to 8pm. Only serving out of a little side service window, very easy to pick up.

I got from West Hollywood to ktown in less than 15 minutes it was spooky.

5 Likes

No pix because we were really hungry… but we ordered from Felix for Easter dinner. Margherita pizza and pappardelle with ragu Bolognese kit to “cook” at home. Not inexpensive, but really delicious. I could have happily eaten that pasta with no sauce at all, but the ragu was lovely. Thought I overdid it reheating the pizza and then decided I liked it better with the soupy center firmed up from its time in the oven.

https://felixla.com/

2 Likes

Got takeout from Dialogue yesterday. Chicken pot pie and spaghetti squash bolognese. Will add pics later, but the pie was absolutely divine; herby and comforting and great. The meal came with instructions to heat everything up in the oven (15-20 minutes total), which I appreciated. Also came with a slice of the cheesecake, but wife doesn’t like cheesecake period, so we did a Mastros butter cake bang. The spaghetti squash (the vegan meal) comes with a slice of vegan chocolate cake, which actually tasted pretty peanut buttery. Am I devouring it right now as a mid-afternoon snack? Perhaps.

8 Likes

http://www.lasa-la.com/quarantine-kitchen

4 Likes

How did you like this? I’ve noticed that it’s a regular item (at least thus far) and, while I’m not vegan, it actually sounds kind of interesting.

Bara chirashi (That’s two orders below) from James Sugishita, who used to work at Hayato and is now at Raku. He’s working with Sakasyu, the fish distributor, to provide these bara chirashi platters (along with the sashimi plate I’ve posted about before).

$70+ tip per box includes delivery (I assume within a reasonable radius).

Quite delicious and a lot of food! He told me there’s 2 1/2 cups of dry rice per box.

The main box includes
Otoro
Chutoro
Kinmedai seared in binchotan (inset drool emoji)
Tai no kobujime
Simmered anago
Ikura
Japanese cucumber sunomono
Simmered shitake mushrooms
Kinshi (shredded) tamago
Atsuyaki tamago

For the second bowl, he subbed out the tuna and subbed in kuromutsu since I was trying to reduce mercury for my wife

You keep the box :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Wow! That looks like my next lunch.

So uh this is ordered through Raku? That looks incredible.

You can DM him on Instagram here - I ordered via DM, and he provided me with updates and ETAs via Direct Message. He’s requesting payment through Venmo or Cash on Delivery.
https://www.instagram.com/jimmysugi/?hl=en

For those who don’t / prefer not to use IG, I also have his mobile number - feel free to PM me.

Usual disclaimer: I have no business relationship with any of the above - just trying to spread awareness about good food and places / people we can support during these challenging times!

6 Likes