Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

that deserves it’s own shout out! :+1:

4 Likes

Bavel tonight.

Ori, Genevieve & crew put out a winner tonight.

I wish I had the photog skills JL, MoonBoy & PorkyBelly have, but all you’ll get is the menu from me.

I think it might be the best COVID takeaway I’ve had so far (other than than Marge Manzke’s Basque Cheesecake).

The stuffed quail with Ori’s handmade couscous was incredible. I’m floored.

13 Likes

I agree and always said their curry noodle is my favorite. Also the meat never came with rice. Restaurant desperation makes me sad

1 Like

I must say, a positive from all this is that the car lighting has been phenomenal for food pictures!

3 Likes

For anyone who is interested, Eataly is now delivering sandwiches, pizzas, mains, pasta kits, desserts and wine through Caviar.

And apparently Mozza2Go is back up as of next Tuesday through Caviar.

8 Likes

Luv2eat $5 covid special eggplant and ground chicken… it was so good

14 Likes

Burgers never say die is back, phone orders for pick up only… caviar for delivery

12 Likes

We got this last night too and yeah, pretty great! Probably our best meal of the physical distancing era so far. Plus it took about 50 minutes door to door Santa Monica to Bavel back to Santa Monica.

Do they post their 5 dollar deals each day? All I’ve seen is that flyer circulating in Thai…

Most places have a set menu item that stays the same. Just give them a call.

Does anyone recall where the original post is w/ the participating restaurants? I tried searching, but my searching skills are… not good (if it’s in this thread, I will feel rather embarrassed). Wondering if the specials also apply to dinner hrs?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngeles/comments/fyzkqp/list_of_thai_restaurants_offering_5_menu/

3 Likes

Ended last night

2 Likes

Do you use the bookmarking option for posts? I use it and find it very handy, especially when I want to file way a place I want to visit later and can review various people’s experience.

Argh!!!

Didn’t even know that existed! Thanks for sharing.

Yakitoriya is open for take out every night except Tuesday.
Snapped this shot today - will order later in the week from them.
For the legions who find the lack of a warm welcome, and the delay in getting any attention, “offensive,” when dining in, perhaps takeout will be the more appealing option???

yy

5 Likes

You’re funny.

Chaumont Beverly Hills - Groundhog Day

I’m discovering to my surprise and disappointment - as good a planner as I am - ordering meals a few days ahead of time or by 9am on a Thursday or whatever it takes just isn’t my forte. Fortunately Chaumont is open and on my way to/from the weekly office visit.

Croissants & Flourless Almond Cakes

The Croissants were straight off the baking sheet @Chowseeker1999. And this time I stopped long enough to find out what these yummy little cakes are. The flourless explains the richness - eggs, sugar, butter, almond paste, almonds, did I mention butter? The bakery offerings are limited right now but so fresh… too fresh maybe (ok not really) because there’s no way to ignore all the butter, egg yolks & sugar you’re consuming. Somebody better free me from the house soon or they’ll have to grease the doorway.

We were almost out of butter and they had fresh bricks for sale in the cold-case that seemed like good quality, but not Chaumont Croissant quality. When I asked if it’s what they use for baking the helper said No then offered to sell me the butter they do use. :heart_eyes: How’s about a big slab of this…

Their provision tables are getting depleted, but I did snag some Tahini spied last time.

After a couple of disappointments the day was not a complete fail. :blush:

14 Likes

I went to Chaumont last weekend, after researching bakeries near me that were open early (7:30am) on Sunday. I wanted to cry tears of joy when I saw their display.

Picked up a pain au chocolat for my birthday girl, a plain croissant for me and an almond croissant for my husband. The table was covered with croissant flakes and my daughter’s face was a smeared with chocolate. Worth it.

12 Likes

Cute post @chowumla. Good pic too. The weekend case looks more abundant than weekday… or maybe it’s because some people get up early, Cookie! I didn’t even know they opened that early. :relaxed: So kush is Chaumont, right now and parking is a breeze.

The only Croissants they had left were plain (not complaining). I took a bite of soft, rich Almond Cake and a bite of Croissant together… Voilà, Almond Croissant.

This is getting out of hand. Eat a damn carrot.

6 Likes