Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

I think it’s probably wildly accurate. Thanks!

Give it a few weeks/months and we will be back sitting at home

2 Likes

Some new takeout options in this landscape. Includes Kali and Kato

3 Likes
1 Like

Today for lunch Chaumont via Postmates, brought me a grilled chicken sandwich. It was really tasty.

In the old days, when I actually worked in an office, when I would get a craving for a chicken sandwich I would go to The Stand in Century City. The difference in quality between the Chaumont chicken sandwich and the The Stand chicken sandwich is night and day. Wish I had known this in the past.

4 Likes

We pre-ordered Charcoal for this Saturday. They had me at chocolate peanut butter crunch cake. Looks like a ridiculous amount of food for $49 a person. Luckily I’m a fan of leftovers. Fingers crossed that it’s good.

7 Likes

One of my go to places! That menu reminds me of their dinela menu which was also a great deal

2 Likes

Anyone tried the Broken Spanish pickup options?

Yes. Their takeout cocktail program is BOMB and I’d come back for tortillas/Thao produce boxes. Tamales and other entrees are on the list to try.

Bang bang with superfine.

3 Likes

Nice. Any particular cocktail recs? The zocalo looks great.

The margarita was super boozy to-go and I was a big fan of the oaxocan remedy when I was there, but it appears they no longer sell the remedy solo and only as part of the sampler.

1 Like

…and I think @Chowseeker1999?

https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-dine-in-restaurants.pdf

3 Likes

But it looks like we have to wait a long time for LA County restaurants to open up though.

1 Like

Iki Ramen - Western (delivery only thru 3rd party)

No Ramen this time… Next time, for sure.

Yellowtail (Amberjack)

I’m spoiled now. I haven’t had all the greats, but I don’t think we ever had better than this at Aburiya Raku even during Chef Matt’s reign. It is super fresh, yes, but the flavor & butteriness made my eyes roll up. I was bitter about having to share! Can someone please explain? Are there specific breeds, cuts or seasons that set it apart? Every time I’ve had any Sashimi at Iki it’s been so unexpectedly great! :heart_eyes:

Takoyaki

I didn’t think to open one up to show the oozy, but they were hella’ oozy and almost too rich!

Karaage Bento - Fried Chicken, White Rice, Panko Shrimp w/Yuzu Aioli, Salad, Crab & Seaweed (sunomono?), Pickled Tomato

They forgot the spicy mayo, but I don’t think we’d order the Karaage again, anyway. BUT! I’d order a dozen of the Panko Shrimp! :yum:

Liquid Sugar + Carbonation + Flavoring + Liquid Sugar

Delivery was super quick and everything (except maybe the chix) was prepared perfectly. I forgot to order dessert. But we did buy a Gift Card, hopefully for future use. :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Oh no! Was the karaage not that good or is it because there are better menu items? I was going to get the karaage the next time I ordered from them since I love fried chicken.

1 Like

I love fried chicken too. There’s isn’t terrible, just not very tender, a little chewy and seasoning isn’t stand out (which the missing spicy mayo would’ve taken care of). Maybe it was an off-day but I don’t think Karaage is their forte. I don’t care though, it’s so not why we eat there! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sad, but likely true. :frowning:

I’m addicted! Iki Ramen! Again!

I was tryin’ to be good and cook until the weekend but…

Kaisen Don - Sushi Rice, Amberjack, Salmon, Japanese Scallop, Dashi Ikura, Spicy Tuna, Blue Crab

What can I say? Melt in your mouth! :hearts: Especially impressed w/the Salmon, only because I tend to avoid raw or rare Salmon at most places - too oily, fishy or dyed. This was fresh, delicious and here’s that word again… Buttery! But seriously, it was all excellent. @PorkyBelly & @J_L would need at least 3 orders of this small dish. I saw the Chirashi vs Kaisen tutorial on another thread, but this rice was flavored. Maybe to please the crowd? Or is it not a strict rule?

Gyoza + Soy, Chili, Sesame Oil, Vinegar Sauce

If you want to get your crispy on go for this one. These light, delicious, crispy, little things travel perfectly! :blush:

A5 Wagyu Ramen

Springy Noodles, the Shoyu Beef Bone Broth is really light, not salty at all @Chowseeker1999. I can’t speak for the Beef (except to say big eaters might want more). Beefy lovers can do a better job assessing, because I like it way tender with only a little chew. :slightly_smiling_face:

Straight Fizz, No Sugar

Thanks for the Iki nudge @skramzlife!

13 Likes

Sometimes a buttery rice bento box is just what the doctor ordered. ;-D

3 Likes