Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Chef Nick needs support. Upper West might not make it through this shutdown.

Hinoki & the Bird has a new item on their menu and it was really good. Lobster ramen. The lobster broth was rich and delicious, lots of nice chunks of lobster and a perfectly cooked onsen egg. Lots of lovely mushrooms. Really spicy (just as I like it) chili oil sauce on the side. Ramen noodles a bit overcooked, which I think was a function of how they were packaged for delivery. But a really nice change from “regular” ramen.

5 Likes

@TheCookie

Have tried Marino’s Eggplant :eggplant: Parm. One of the best dishes of pandemic takeaway!

3 Likes

Funny @chewchow, I was trying to remember the other day if I’ve had the eggplant parm… but I will!

Tito’s tacos - socially distanced

image image

7 Likes

You inspired me to pull the lasagne di carne from Marino from my freezer ($90 feeds 12). No parties of 12 in the future, so defrosted and split into duo servings and baked one off. OMG. I forgot how much I love this :yum: . The texture is amazing. Cookie, when you order the eggplant :eggplant: parm order the lasagna too. :heart:

8 Likes

Will do! :hearts:

Ohhh this one looks goood

https://www.de-porres.com/holidays

“If Danielle makes biscuits, absolutely get them.”— Bill Addison, Los Angeles Times.

I’m a get me some of them biscuits… and more.

Note: instead of the usual cut-off date it’s “first come, first serve until we’ve reached what our small team can handle”. Done!

1 Like

For Tito’s order online at their site and go pick up. Don’t have to wait in line.

3 Likes

Old company used to go to La Serenata for celebration lunches, and I finally got delivery from there today. Probably my first time in 7 or 8 years from there. Really hit the spot!

Great:
Mushroom quesadilla (I dunno where their quesadillas are from exactly; they’re almost like cheesy samosas?)
Shrimp enchiladas

Good:
Hatch chile quesadilla
Key lime pie

Ok:
Fried plantains
Fried beef (I think it was machaca) tacos

I

1 Like

This is too funny. Were they the enchiladas en salsa veracruzana? If so, I had them tonight for dinner! :slight_smile: Great minds, you know.

God how I miss going to the Boyle Heights La Serenada.
When I moved here in '94 it was the most mind blowing culinary experience of my life.

I should really show the Pico location some love.
It never seemed as good but I must admit I haven’t been since El Jefe Jose Rodriguez passed away. I assume his family is still in charge.

Anyone got a suggestion for pastries near or at original farmers market not named Republique?

Would’ve been a great time for a DKA but alas I’m a few months late.

Sycamore?

1 Like

Pitchoun at the Beverly Center

1 Like

Sweet Lady Jane, in WeHo (on Melrose): 5-8 minutes away from Farmers’ Market

1 Like

Haven’t been in a long time but Joans on 3rd.

2 Likes

La Chouquette on Melrose, about 1.5 miles away.

1 Like

It’s kinda sad how all these replies are not at the grove/OFM but alas it is what it is. Thanks all. Sycamore might be the ticket.

1 Like

I agree I think Sycamore is the right answer. If this was ~3/4 years ago it would have been Cofax for breakfast burrito, coffee and Nicole Rucker donuts.