Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Cool, they have stuff I can afford. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK7ssbLDcNn/?igshid=10n8igms6ibqh

Not sure where to post this but these people out to scam restaurants can go to hell. For those without IG: customer places large order, pays with credit then disputes it with credit card company and wins even with proof of goods delivered from restaurant.

Apparently this may be happening to others as well that we don’t know about—Minh of Porridge and puffs had suspicious order as well.

10 Likes

Scum of the earth.

5 Likes

More frequent order from them with bigger tips.

2 Likes

Edit: After re-reading the post, it is possible that they were completely compliant and still got fucked. I will keep my original comment up, but I retract and apologize for implying that Spoon by H was non-compliant

Absolutely terrible and the people that do that are despicable.
This is not an issue that is specific to the current COVID situation. It has been an ugly secret that people try to stay hush-hush on to avoid further spread.

That said, there is a way to curtail this behavior: make sure that your credit card processing is complaint. This fraud only happens when small business are not compliant. When a fraudster recognizes that a business is not compliant, it is open season.

I don’t see anything in Spoon By H’s Instagram posts that suggests they were not compliant.

1 Like

Horrible…

We called Carlitos Gardel Steakhouse for a pickup order and they said they’re only taking walk-ins because of credit card cheats.

3 Likes

Wow that’s terrible :frowning:

2 Likes

Question: What are you doing about your stuck together takeout noodles? Add a skosh of hot water? Eat them with fork & knife, lol?

1 Like

Anybody know the difference between doordash.com and order.online?

Is the latter the “white label” service? I ordered from a restaurant’s web site, which linked to order.online, and it was not obvious that Doordash was involved until after I checked out.

Cobi’s Curries (3rd St W. Hollywood) is a female owned curry house specializing in curries from various regions around the world. Fortunately for us the trip is 8 minutes.

Prawn Chips

Could use more shrimp flavor, but I’m spoiled by Needle’s.

Vegetable Curry Puff + Mint Raita + Tamarind Ketchup

Tad greasy, but not fair to judge to-go puffs. Raita is tasty.

Beef Curry Puffs

Yumm! These to-go’d perfectly. Slow-cooked beef curry in a crispy puff! :kissing_closed_eyes: :two_hearts:

Roti Canai & Garlic Naan

African Chicken Curry (Macao, China)

Yep, this dish is a Macanese favorite and TheCookie’s favorite Cobi’s Curry, so far. Do you like peanuts? This is reminiscent of W. African Groundnut Stew. So good! :hearts:

Extra Long Basmati Rice w/Cardamon

Butter Chicken (Delhi, India)

It didn’t bowl us over, but very good. Butter Chicken fans won’t be disappointed.

Curry Laksa w/Fried Tofu (Malacca, Malaysia)

It’s flavorful & spicy :hot_pepper: but needed a little doctoring w/lime & scallions - the menu says bean sprouts, but not. :frowning: Noodles were a little over-cooked and the fried tofu was plain. I’d add shrimp next time.

Sweet n Sour Pickle Salad

Very tasty. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some might find the curries a little refined(?) compared to dishes in the actual places of origin or even some spots here in L.A., but me likey.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKkXkUQBwTN/?igshid=fa8bsxakyqry

14 Likes

Pulled up the old Postmates and it said 75-85 minutes for Taste of Tehran delivery. Called Taste of Tehran directly and 20 minutes later I was taking the order home. I’ve been hearing whispers of driver shortages on the apps; wonder if that was the case here. In any event, food was as good as it’s been since they opened.

12 Likes

Yeah I think there’s a lot of issues with social economy apps, hearing a lack of drivers and really shady stuff going on like stealing food etc. I’ve never really used the food delivery apps but don’t intend to any time soon.

3 Likes

Damn that’s a lot of tahini (I think)?

Yeah, I basically use the online ordering from the restaurant’s actual website (had a weird recent experience where the Google listed website was actually NOT the restaurant’s actual website but had been clearly designed to make it seem as it were the restaurant’s primary website), or I call the restaurant directly now.

1 Like

The three things that aren’t koobideh: Yogurt/labneh with shallots, ash reshteh soup, and roasted eggplant dip

1 Like

Yogurt lebneh makes more sense but it looked the color of tahini.

Doordash seems to have revived Caviar as a premium? service.

Hi everyone, I recently moved to LA with my husband and we are big-time foodies. We wanted to try Langer’s and Burritos La Palma after a friend recommended them so we ordered them yesterday through Locale. OMG those places are insaneeee! We had the famous #19 and the Birria burritos. We were hesitant about ordering a sandwich for take out but Locale sent everything in separate containers with the instructions and it actually turned out great! The burritos are also out of this world! My husband and I are both from Mexico and honestly it’s some of the best Birria we’ve ever tried. Highly highly recommended!! We also tried Locale for the first time and loved it. Looking forward to trying La Morra Pizzeria next!

25 Likes

Welcome to LA and FTC

7 Likes