Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Welcome!!! Glad you liked the offerings on Locale! I have ordering their boxes every other week myself and it’s been so wonderful! So glad you guys enjoyed the Pastrami to go option. Langers gives GREAT instructions on how to put them together. However, it is worth paying them a visit too. Their crinkle cuts are epic.

If you guys order the burritos again, thaw them out a little bit and then do them on a cast iron pan or Comal if you have it. They really benefit by being nice and griddled…

I got my order today and am excited to try Saucy Chick! I saw the on a youtube video and have been DYING for Mom’s bean’s. We are having them tomorrow night so I will report back on that. This coming week they also added Holbox… OMG. And Pasta Sisters added their Gnocchi… So looks like I’ll be placing another order this week…

7 Likes

Welcome to FTC and Welcome to Los Angeles!

3 Likes

Welcome! And keep those friends.

Part Inspired by your post and part because I keep messing up every Corned Beef I’ve attempted to cook (We have cured our own and bought super fancy ones… UGH. Still stringy and not enough flavor!) I decided to treat hubs with Langers Corned Beef from Locale for his Birthday!

While I love Langers Pastrami… I also love their corned beef. In fact, often we split one Pastrami and one Corned Beef. That are that distinct and delicious. Further, I would have never gotten the Pastrami via Locale… because they slice it thin. Also the Rye bread while wonderful at home… is just PERFECTION at Langers. So instead… I bought two rolls from Langers, a Kaiser Roll and Onion Roll. The Russian Dressing (I should have paid more attention to your post… it’s 16oz of Russian Dressing!) and a jar of pickles (God… I love Langers Pickles)

I got Cole Slaw from Western Kosher Market because I found Langers a touch too sweet the last time I ordered it… I made one Ruben Style with the Cole Slaw

and other other traditional sammich with Butter Lettuce (also from Locale) and our usual vine Tomatoes from WF this time of year…

I loaded up both sandwiches and was so please to get both lean cut and fatty cut pieces. This unearthed why I so love Langers Corned Beef. It’s rare to get really beautifully marbled sections of corned beef…

And boy… was it EVER tender. The breads were also spectacular… especially that Kaiser roll. Just SO SO SO soft. I will for sure be ordering more of them through Locale for some epic BECs…

We had enough corned beef for one more hefty sandwich. Which comes out to about $14 per Sandwich (The Corned Beef is about $6 less than the Pastrami) which was not bad at all, it maybe a splurge we do sooner rather than later…

–Dommy!

14 Likes

What did you think about Saucy Chick?! We tried them at Smorgasburg a few weeks ago and loved the Pibil Chick and Mom’s beans! I’m thinking about placing another order to try Holbox. Based on your reaction I’m assuming they are good lol. I also saw they added Pizzana!! I’ve heard great things! Very curious to try their Cacio e Pepe pizza. Have you tried that one?

Wooow!! That looks delicious!!! Now I’m craving a sandwich lol, so many foods to try and not enough stomach capacity hahaha

1 Like

I though the Saucy Chick was just okay, especially for the price. It comes vacuum wrapped and pre-cooked so you have to cook it again. I would not order again. I LOVED the Mom’s Beans and would order that again. It’s a great side for so many things and even chip dip :smiling_imp: I also got the rice which was okay. Needed a little more than the Fennel seeds.

Favorite items from Locale…

– Burritos La Palma Birria Burritos & Flour Tortillas (Although this week’s order will include the blue corn just to try)
– Pizza La Morra Pizzas (Haven’t tried Pizzana… but now hearing the raves… I might…
– Portos Berry Muffins (I’ve had great success re-heating the potato balls, but it comes in a dozen and that is just way too much)
– Langers Pickles, Onion Roll, Kaiser Roll, Chicken Salad (Tuna and Egg were meh). The meats are worth it for the occasional splurge. I love the Corned Beef just as much as the pastrami.
– Wise Sons Hillcreast Salad
– Produce from The Ecology Center and Farm Apricot Lane Farms (In case folks missed there is a Mini Follow Up to Little Big Farm on Disney+)
– FKN Cheddar Jalapeno Loaf
– Cali Dumplings (from San Diego) Shrimp and Pork Wontons
– Harrys Berries
– Broguieres Milk

I tend not to go too crazy and so there are quite a few things they have I haven’t tried yet. This week I’m putting an order in and probaby throw in some Woon Noodles and they also have Boichik Bagels available.

–Dommy!

6 Likes

I think this person is shilling for Locale. A quick google shows they are Locale’s project coordinator. Maybe no one cares but I figured I would mention it in case anyone does.

9 Likes

Ps… @ermawrma no one really cares just be straight with your affiliations. This isn’t Chowhound industry people are welcome. Just be willing to do the give and take.

5 Likes

For those of you who are interested:

Amazon has added a new perk to its Prime subscription service ahead of its two-day Prime Day sale that kicks off July 12.

Driving the news:
Prime members in the U.S. can now get a free one-year Grubhub+ membership, typically $9.99 per month, Amazon announcedWednesday.

• The new offer includes “unlimited, $0 food delivery fees on orders over $12” and “exclusive perks for Grubhub+ members and rewards like free food and order discounts.”
  • The free membership needs to be activated at Amazon.

Between the lines: After the free year of Grubhub+ ends, it will auto-renew at $9.99 a month until canceled, Amazon says in its fine print.

10 Likes