Restaurants near Disneyland

Thanks @attran99 been to both ben ngu and ngu binh.

I’ll bookmark grandpas

1 Like

Oh did you try Pho Thin?

1 Like

That is also on my list forgot to mention that one because there’s some type of yelp bookmark bug that hides some of your bookmarks

I went to the following places today in the rain:

Pho thin
Trung legend
M&m donuts
Steel pan pizza
Brodard chateau
Tacos la carreta

Will report in the appropriate threads

8 Likes

That’s some epic eating!

3 Likes

I do what I can in the name of science lol

6 Likes

Have you been to Mario’s? Not close to Disneyland lol but yes subs are amazing down here

Bumping this thread again i need a sit down restaurant in the Anaheim restaurant.

Preferably with a decent atmosphere doesn’t have to be amazing but food better make up for it!

Garlic and chives and oc and lau don’t take rezzies tho so that might be an issue since we will have a party of 4

Gaenali Bonga. They take rez and they go hard. IMO one of the best Korean restaurants in Orange County.

1 Like

Nice thx. Is house of Mandi further up thread good for groups?

For House of Mandi…they have individual plates and giant shareable plates that can easily feed a family.

The lamb & chicken shareable plate that feeds 3-4, easily could have fed 6 people. We had to take the leftovers home, but we did order appetizers (Mutabbal), a lentil soup, and a salad.

Highly recommend you stop by. The mutabbal is the smokiest eggplant dip you will ever eat…but in the most pleasant way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec! Do you have to order ahead for those big plates?

Any Mexican or viet in the area that also might be good?

There is the new Los De Juarez Burritos.

Don Churros Gomez, the only place to get Jalisco style churros

2 Likes

Pretty casual spots will bookmark for later.

Have you made it to Los de Juárez? Tortillas as good as the hype?

One friend says they want Vietnamese

Currently considering:

Oc and lau
Garlic and chives

Unfortunately they are both pretty busy with no res system so it’s a gamble.

Also maybe Newport because they take rez but also not super viet.

Any other places to consider that either take res or might be busy but not have an insane wait? Ben ngu, ngu binh, quan mi? Etc

Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for but Sup in Buena Park lets you add yourself to their Yelp wait list when you’re within a radius of the restaurant. I think it’s 5 miles. The beef rib pho and lomo saltado are excellent.

3 Likes

I’m open to any and all suggestions will take a look!

What are the go to dishes to order at oc and lau?

Where can I get an amazing banh mi? I will travel all over the OC to try it. I have no standards in regards to Vietnamese cuisine since I just don’t haven’t it often. Consider me a noob :pleading_face:

1 Like

Coconut snails, razor clams, and one of the soups!

Passion fruit juice.