Restaurants near Disneyland

I haven’t live near Little Saigon in over 4 years. I now live in LA County and before that was on the east coast. I am kind of out of the loop.

My favorites:

Ba Le on Bolsa. Everything made in house including the mayo and pate. Add a fried runny egg to your banh mi.

Saigon Bakery/Banh Mi Saigon. The dac biet and egg banh mi’s are a go-to.

Some fun banh mi’s to try:

-THH. Pretty good Vietnamese coffee. Spam and Egg banh mi. (Many places now do Spam and Egg but I think THH was first. The coffee and banh mi combo is classic).

-Carrot and Daikon. Check out the premium banh mi menu. They have crispy pork belly, char siu, tumeric dill fish, lomo saltado, sardines in tomato sauce.

-VO. Chinese sausage and eggs.

-Au Coeur De Paris. Banh Mi Pate Chaud.

To drink:

-Cococane. This is now a classic imo.
-Phin Smith for the cafe sua da.
-Hanoi egg coffee is the latest drink that is in. Try Trung Nguyen Legend.

3 Likes

Chinese sausage and egg banh mi at Vo is good, but their fillet mignon with XO sauce is even better.

3 Likes

Oc va Lau has Yelp waiting list. We usually got on the waiting list 30-45m ahead and it works like a charm.

What we usually order:
Gỏi xoài - mango salad
Ốc len xào dừa - coconut snails
Ốc hương nướng tiêu - pepper escargots
Ốc móng tay nướng mỡ hành - razor clams
Sò lông nướng mỡ hành - bloody clams
Hào nướng bơ tỏi - grilled oysters
Cua lột chiên giòn - soft shell crabs
Cá bống trứng chiên giòn - deep fried smelt fish
Lẩu cá tầm - sturgeon fish hot pot

2 Likes

These mf’ers put iceberg lettuce in my crispy pork belly banh mi. Hard pass.

My preference is Vo’s for Vo’s/Phin Smith bang bang.

4 Likes

Say what lettuce?

Makes zero sense especially since they can save $ by not putting it in the first place because it’s a banh mi not Jersey Mikes

Maybe they were trolling for the lulz but searching thru Yelp reviews they are serious about putting lettuce

Okay pass on this @Foodiefromla

4 Likes

Went to garlic and chives it was good not great. Will post some pics on Saigon adventures thread.

I think for out of towners or viet food newbs it’s a good experience since everything is pretty accessible and familiar while the dishes are still pretty unique wishes

Ok. So I’ve been to two of these places.

THH has expanded. I remember they had one in Anaheim and I was like whoa.

Saigon Bakery/Banh Mi Saigon - I actually went to it randomly because it has a target next door. It was delicious. This was like two months ago and sadly no photos :sob:

Slowly making my way to the other four and will report back.

2 Likes

My sister prefers THH because it’s located next to the Tastea.

The THH also has aunties who stuff the banh mi full of fillings.

3 Likes

Yes! They do. It’s so convenient especially when you want boba!

1 Like