Saffy's - East Hollywood

I’d be into it if it’s still available!!

At the risk of revealing trade secrets, we had a single piece of beef left over.

Eating with big belly buddies definitely pushes me into another gear that I typically wouldn’t reach with others. It’s like the adrenaline of keeping up to support the team eating makes me go harder.

(as for how I can physically do it, just watching what I eat when I’m not dining out and staying active at the gym)

10 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

1 Like

https://www.theinfatuation.com/los-angeles/reviews/saffys

Thanks! Happy to be here. New to LA (via NYC) so been having a blast here.

10 Likes

Kato doesn’t have shit on Saffy’s

5 Likes

What isn’t better than Kato according to them? :person_shrugging:

Even Tokki, Champion’s Curry, or a banh mi shop that’s known for cheap banh mi are better.

1 Like

Kato is better than Ardor but not according to Time Out LA.

Ordered pretty much all of the FTC suggestions last night, and damn was it a delicious meal! Here’s what we ordered for a party of 6:

• Hummus Ful (extra challah with order, then second extra challah added later on)
  • Gem Salad
  • Tomatoes (2 orders)
  • Grilled Lobster Skewer
  • Wood-fire shwarma (2 orders)
  • Chicken Shislik
  • Beef Shislik

Extra challah was a very important pro-tip, though we had a group of 6, so we added extra challah on to the original order, then wanted even more challah. One order of challah for every two people is probably the right ratio if you’re hungry. “Bread service” was the only negative part of the meal, it took ~15 minutes to get our additional order of challah, at which point we had finished the food we wanted to dip it in. Service was otherwise very good. We sat outside where it wasn’t overly noisy. Everything we ordered was fantastic (thanks for the suggestions) with the exception of the laffa that comes with the schwarma and skewers, which as others have noted is just meh.

8 Likes

Can confirm. Will spend most of income on great dining. Age 30. Almost.

Are we all agreeing that The Infatuation is trash? It’s like Yelp. Total nonsense. Like my food tastes when I was 12.

3 Likes

Complete trash

2 Likes

brought an unbiased arbitrator to saffy’s to settle the case of chicken v steak once and for all.

hummus ful - slow cooked fava beans, cumin, lemon, fermented serrano, soft egg, challah

tomatoes - smoked eggplant puree, feta, cinnamon, sesame & nigella, savory, cilantro

yellowfin crudo - smoked trout roe, mushroom tzatziki, pickled shallots, seeds, dill, fried laffa

turmeric mussels - carrot, habanero, lime, coconut cream, scallions, toasted flatbread

grilled lobster skewer - green harissa, serrano-lime yogurt, sprouting cilantro

wood-fire shawarma - lamb & beef, lettuce, tomato, sumac onions, tahini, red ajika, laffa

chicken shishlik - garlic, cumin, cinnamon, green fenugreek, sumac
beef shishlik - yogurt, mint, garlic, pepper, marjoram, oregano

and the unbiased arbitrator’s final ruling is–chicken.

@rlw your power rankings have been overturned.

bergamot chocolate cake with rose ganache

soft serve - raspberry & peach swirl

17 Likes

I’m objecting to this. You can’t bring someone and declare they’re not biased when you’re sitting across the table from them.

First off, who are they? Did you buy their meal? How do we know you didn’t spit on the beef first?

16 Likes

still dismayed by that dusty, underproofed laffa.

1 Like

Now you’re talking my language. Does look a little flat for laffa.

1 Like

The chicken was indeed a 10/10 banger. Like top tier yakitori chicken thigh but in a larger format.

5 Likes

My wife said chicken better than steak - she likes her steak well done

My daughter said steak better than chicken - she’s 6

Whose opinion do you side with?!?

11 Likes

this feels like a trick question.

8 Likes

I could never side with your wife on steak if she likes it well done……

10 Likes