Salt Bae Opened His First LA Restaurant Last Weekend, and Almost No One Noticed

LOL. The man is a genius.

3 Likes

An Inā€™nā€™Out burger with gold foil for $300 :rage:

2 Likes

Reminds me of something they do at Vegas pool parties where people pay thousands so they can get sprayed down with champagne bottles by waitresses. You have to be such an abhorrent person to choose to piss away money on something like that.

3 Likes

Pretty sure thatā€¦

Ggirls

and

Gmember

and

Gstate

and even myā€¦

Gfish

would all prefer to eat atā€¦

GCorral

8 Likes

But watch out Donaldā€™s talking everyone into heading to Sizzler

1 Like

Tough choice for me.

1 $300 Golden Burger

Or

1B2ECAA4-AFB3-41C5-9A9C-F77C24980990
600 tacos :taco: from Jack

8 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if he got away with this shit in New York, cuz I donā€™t see this place surviving down here

2 Likes

Gotta buy some gold leaf online for under 10$ and glam up those tacos!

4 Likes

The NY financial sector bonus and expense accounts must help fill his place in NYC. In LA thatā€™s going to be harder to doā€¦ I agree with you and am curious to see how it plays out

1 Like

Oh, no, anything else from Jack!!! Tried the tacos once a few yrs ago, and, while they were a guilty pleasure, I wouldā€™ve been fine w/, like, half of one. And I like grease.

2 Likes

We/eater LA are clearly not their target audience. Itā€™s the people who go to Catch, Tao, etc and those places are still filled to the brim.

The place is packed with a huge crowd every night, just drive by it and yoā€™ll see the amount of people waiting outside - and thereā€™s not a single reservation available up to their July availability. The location is perfect for the clientele that would go.

7 Likes

for your reading pleasure

2 Likes

Wow, $30 for a Bloominā€™ Onionā€¦ :unamused:

1 Like

I saw a friend (of my spouseā€™s) went to this joint over the weekend for Motherā€™s Day. I promptly turned around and told my spouse that heā€™s not allowed to make any plans for us to go here ever.

12 Likes

What, no sliced raw onions on a plate?

4 Likes

makes f load more sense than a gold leaf

3 Likes

The photo of the wedge salad - for $30 - drowned in ā€œroasted garlic mayo dressingā€ is rather off-putting.

ETA: the vagueness of the ā€œMeat Sushi Rollā€ is puzzling.

And I so very much want to edit this disclaimer:

Our menu contains raw shellfish, meat and nuts. Please be advised, nuts, raw shellfish and raw or undercooked meat might have an allergic reaction if you have illness or if you are pregnant. Please notify your server if you have any food

2 Likes
2 Likes

So ā€¦ I have managed to live my life without ever seeing a video of Salt Bae, until now. I am without words and kinda wish I hadnā€™t watched that.

9 Likes

He looks and acts like a complete douche nozzle

5 Likes