Santa Barbara?

I’m with @honkman The Lark and Loquita

1 Like

+2 on the Lark and Loquita. Skip the dessert at Loquita and walk a block to McConnells.

Bibi Ji was very good Indian food with a vast natural wine list. Not swanky but a fun time.

1 Like

Swanky covered. Tacos covered. Any suggestions for breakfast (bagels, etc) and deli/sandwiches? Thanks!

Renaud’s Patisserie and Bistro is great for breakfast and really good croissants (and other baked goods) - they have now 3-4 places in SB but we like the one at 3315 State Street (next to Gelson) most. For good coffee go to Dune on State Street. (Not a great help for sandwiches as we see them mostly as waste of precious stomach space)

1 Like

Caje makes totally wild, extravagant, and actually really delicious and interesting coffee cocktails. Just down the street on Haley, Lito’s has very solid breakfast burritos. It’s an awesome and indulgent bang-bang.

Have done pretty well for breakfast burritos (and other burritos) at El Zarape, and Super Cucas is justifiably well known for same (and California burritos).

1 Like

Haven’t been in years, but I used to go to SB a couple times a month for work. Three Pickles made great deli sandwiches. https://www.threepickles.com/

2 Likes

I can second the Bibi Ji recommendation. Ate there last time I was in town and it was very good.

1 Like

I’m happy the French press is still alive in SB. Didn’t they rename themselves Dune? Los Agaves is good. It hits the spot for certain items. I used to hit up Norton’s for a quick bite.

We get Bibi Ji delivered a couple times a month. Some of my favorite Indian food anywhere. They’re moving up the street to a better location soon-I’m not a fan of that part of lower State.

Yes, they’re called Dune now. Our favorite coffee place is Handlebars with a location on Canon Perdido and another on De La Vina. Best most consistent cappucino in town.

The only thing we ever get at Los Agaves is the sea and earth Mocajete and it’s so great.

4 Likes

Some other suggestions are Lucky’s, La Paloma and second San Ysidro Ranch,

1 Like

Handlebar is our coffee of choice in Santa Barbara. Good pastry selection too.

1 Like

I really enjoy their carne asada nachos. Yeah, I know it’s nachos, but I’m a sucker for nachos and Los Agaves does them pretty and I really like their salsas.

1 Like

Super Rica’s norteño pork tamal and the posole are insane level

9 Likes