Sf chronicle - bay area tacos

really great to have one of the LATACO boys in the bay area to highlight the worthwhile tacos out here…
who knew that we already had our own lechon taco truck??

2 Likes

no love for the taco truck parked in the planned parenthood parking lot in RWC? bummer

los carnalitos is outstanding
taqueria EL PAISA@.COM in oakland also missing from the list, but i assume these two were omitted because they are already sufficiently well-known and maybe doing okay business-wise? only way i can make sense of their omission and la gallinita’s inclusion…

1 Like

los carnalitos is doing decent business and could use some PR - and they are indeed great (as some other placed in RWC)

mariscos el pariente in san bruno does a very decent shrimp tacos dorados - i was skeptical going in but would rate it 80% of the way towards a mariscos jalisco taco de camaron.
close to sfo - worth consideration as a first-stop post-flying.

This list is desperately needed. Haven’t had a single good taco living up here.

fyi, having now visited a bunch of places on the list, i have found it to be less reliable than e.g. LATaco or eater’s taco lists for LA. a bunch of places on this list are relatively average… (although none have been completely terrible)

1 Like

Which one were the highlights (and which weren’t great) ?

In the sense that they’re not as good as other taquerias you know of in the area, or that they’re not as good as the best places in LA?