Shake Shack To Open in DTLA

Is burger lounge a sit down and tip kind of place or no?

Order at the counter and they bring it to your table kind of place.

Agreed. Nice work.

@Ns1, could you also maybe add Plan Check, as that was one of the comparisons that originally sparked this discussion? Pretty sure the price of a burger there doesn’t include a side, either.

When I’m back on my other computer I’ll add, but Plan Check’s $5 beef tallow fries are going to put it over the top.

This brings up an interesting point.

While I understand the point of comparison is trying to compare a burger meal and hence we have the fries and drinks additions, but for me, I rarely find myself wanting fries when I go to one of the many burger joints in the chart.

Love Golden State, but consider their fries one step above boiled potatoes. Shake Shack, would rather save my calories for the custard. In N Out for me is about the burgers, and nothing else. Etc.

3 Likes

Did anyone go to The Son Of A Gun pop-up?

This from LA Eater…Shake Shack is doing a burger just for LA:
the Roadside Double, which is a dual-pattied affair that’s topped with Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard, and slow-simmered onions that have been cooked in bacon and beer. The result is essentially devoid of all produce (sorry, anyone with a hankering for more lettuce), and apparently was inspired by L.A.’s longstanding French dip tradition.

2 Likes

I’ll just take a tub of that please.

4 Likes

That’s what I do when I cook brats so I’m one up on Shake Shack!

1 Like

First We Feast just posted a Best Burger By Budget article with our own @KatherineSpiers contributing.

1 Like

If we’re talking QPR, I think for low end it’s hard to beat Yuca’s, for mid range, Belacampo reigns supreme for me, and for high end (i.e., less than 20), I go with that gnarly thing from Animal.

1 restaurant per page = i stopped looking after the first click

1 Like

what, no $26-26.99 range for the best wagyu, unagi, and foie gras burger in the city???

Is it the best because it’s the only one? Or did it beat out a tough field of contenders?

they definitely have the $26 wagyu, unagi, foie gras burger market cornered.

Anyone make it to the WeHo location? Probably not or it would have been reported, I guess.

I’m going to try and get there next week.

I made it up the hill to WeHo on my bike. However the line was 1.5 hours long so I went around the corner to Vito’s for a slice and will head back when the fervor dies down.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would wait until the lines die way down. As much as I love Shake Shack, I never thought it was good enough to warrant waiting in those ridiculous lines.

Need to try that one

Bill’s is a little shack on Oxnard near Van Nuys Blvd. He doesn’t serve fries, BTW. To be honest, while I love the setting and the fact that Bill is still flipping burgers at his age, the burger is run-of-the-mill. I went there expecting to love it, but its just a pressed burger on a fairly stale commercial bun. Tomato was pink; onions had been sliced hours ago by the taste. It was like a burger you could get at any drugstore counter in the '60s.