Shibumi DTLA

I’m not sure What Now is the best source for LA news given that they missed that Imari changed to Kiitsu months ago.

live

https://www.exploretock.com/shibumi/

5 Likes

Wait! No Sakura mochi?!

What a travesty!

:rofl:

1 Like

does the $250 include tip or that’s separate?

separate

Has anybody tried the new Chef’s Counter Omakase dinner yet? Thinking about going. Reservations look wide open, which I don’t take as a good sign.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Slowdown in restaurant business? in LA? or all over?

Going for the regular non kaiseki menu this saturday. Anyone been recently?

it should still be this menu

oh nice! some insta stalking showed me a watermelon dessert but maybe I was looking at kaiseki posts.

very excited, glad to hear you liked this menu. I haven’t been since I moved to LA in late 2021 and I really enjoyed

2 Likes

This menu slapped. Few changes from yours (both desserts different and dif sashimi) we added the abalone in egg miso sauce which was dope.

The watermelon ice + watermelon + fresh mochi dessert was one of my favorite things. Mackerel main was fantastic. The tempura cod was the best I’ve had

Folks doing rhe kaiseki menu down the counter looked very happy with their dishes.

I will say chef Schlosser has a tone with his team/chefs that can be heard from the dining room and I give it the benefit of doubt that it’s just how he talks but I think it can come off a little cold/aggressive and people at the counter were picking up on it.

4 Likes

We recently had the chef’s counter omakase and enjoyed it very much, but it was disruptive to hear Chef Schlosser reaming out (so it sounded) others around the corner and out of sight, but definitely not out of earshot.

3 Likes

He wasn’t doing that when I was there, but maybe he has new staff or something.

Had a very similar experience @happycat

There’s no way he thinks people can’t hear him. And new staff or not…and whether people can hear or not it is something he should get under control.

2 Likes

I would find it amusing actually, like being in Hell’k kitchen with gordon ramsay. gives it a new experience

Wow that’s really unprofessional another reason to pass

1 Like

Yeah, I’m debating how to maybe bring this up with the restaurant. Is there a good way?

If you’re providing feedback I would just email the general email and just state how you feel about the experience in a polite but completely honest manner.

Dang still happening? Just chiming in to say I was sitting right next to the kitchen back in January and it was pretty much impossible to ignore the couple times it happened and fairly awkward for me. Great food but yeah… not particularly pleasant.

Dang I wonder if they know it’s a common thread with diners.