Show us your pandemic Thanksgiving spread

last-minute sub spinach and beet greens

5 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for working today @J_L and thanks to all the health care workers and farm workers for our meal

Had abundance of persimmons so persimmon caramel tart with pumpkin seed streusel and pomegranate. Spelt crust.

15 Likes

The spiked Cococane is genius! How was the taste?

Alcohol dehydrates you but the coconut water hydrates you lol

1 Like

I think I might have made a tactical error. Way too much food for one; it looks a wee bit like tasting menu size for two (we only got 1 portion).

Uni Toy truck for scale.

There’s an apple cobbler in there, too.

Waiting for the oven to heat up.

8 Likes

Table pic with the brought in sides:

Candied yams
Butternut squash risotto
Brussels sprouts au gratin
Cornbread (all from Bristol)

Corn pudding from TJ

And Pillsbury crescent rolls.

Crystal gravy bowl because we fancy.

11 Likes

Love the special guest appearance by Pliny!

3 Likes

Update: so it was actually (just) enough food. Lots of cream and fat will do that for you. :smiley: Partner enjoyed it but thought it was too fancy and fatty. I am normally not a huge fan of Thanksgiving classics and generally think most Thanksgiving things I eat are far too dry, so I thought it was great.

Only probs were that I overheated the turkey (!) and the really weird cranberry sauce that had some odd spice and/or liquor? Black truffle gravy was great, and I enjoyed all the sides (incl the salad, which partner thought was overly busy in flavors).

5 Likes

First Thanksgiving with no family or friends :cry: Just me and my cats. I let Trader Joe’s do all the work :grin: Mushroom En Croute for my main and Harvest Salad on the side, topped with smoked trout (no salad pic because it wasn’t very attractive). The mushroom filling leaked out of the pastry, but it sure was tasty. Miss the sociality of Thanksgiving, but more to look forward to when it’s safe to be with loved ones.

19 Likes

That looks pretty good actually!

I would have microwave some TJ frozen meal, watch Home Alone, and call it a night.

4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving!

Had La Autentica Birrieria and Saigon Bakery bang bang today.

Tacos dorados, quesotacos, and vampiro

Banh mi ga

13 Likes

Leftovers: 3 lbs. white meat, 2 lbs. dark, 6 oz. skin, 1qt. gravy, 7 rolls, almost as much dressing, sweet potatoes, and greens as we started with.

I’m going to try frying some skin in goose fat.

You are such a great food arranger!

1 Like

Sides have always been my favorite part of any holiday meal.
Green bean casserole, peas & pancetta, creamed spinach, creamed corn, roasted Brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes.

10 Likes

Tamales and pumpkin pie, strange menu for a strange year.

9 Likes

It does @chinchi. I love me some shrooms in pastry.

3 Likes

Or binge watch the new seasons of “The Mandalorian” (only 4 episodes thus far).

5 Likes

It was delightful. Admittedly I probably drank it faster than I should have (it was addictive), but my plans today were casual so no big deal.
I would happily do it again.
The concept aligns with the Dole Pineapple Whip float…I’ve always wanted to add rum to it.

1 Like

Spatchcocked turkey - first time we’ve used a pasture raised turkey (got it from Standings) and dry brined instead of the normal wet brining. It ended up turning out pretty well!

The quick photos as I get stared at for holding up the eating…

Fat n Flour Apple pie and sweet potato pie. Nothing else needs to be said about these.

18 Likes

haha everybody knows the camera eats first

11 Likes