Show us your pandemic Thanksgiving spread

Chinese socarrat = Chocorrat! (neologism copyright J_L 2020)

3 Likes

Pre- preview…

2 Likes

Involtini? More like un involtone!

1 Like

Mashed Potato Balls

Mashed potatoes, chopped turkey, leftover Tday odds & ends, chives, poultry seasoning, topped w/TJs crispy onions & cranberry sauce. Scrumptious!

19 Likes

looks better than Porto’s

3 Likes

Where’s the invite?! :heart: :heart_eyes: :heart:

2 Likes

Sweet, Thanks!

When the dread has ended and our never ending backyard project is done we’ll invite y’all over @moonboy403!

3 Likes

I fried some leftover skin in rice bran oil and it got nice and crunchy. Also tried the microwave bacon pan, didn’t work as well but is a lot less mess.

Make sure you take care of you too!

1 Like

First time making a bird at home. Came out decently, and the resulting turkey broth was pure comfort.

Was fortunate enough to have some bread in the freezer from Erick Schat’s Bakery. We used it to make stuffing, and the results were mind blowingly good. Dying to make another batch in December.

13 Likes

No problem! Glad you supported your local place! :slight_smile: Speaking of which… across the street at Roji Japanese bakery, they make a wonderful Tuna Salad Sandwich with their fresh baked french rolls. SO GOOD.

7 Likes

Was that your first stuffing @mchen? Looks perfect!

1 Like

Oh that looks good! We like to walk to Roji. I’m getting that!

2 Likes

@TheCookie it was, thanks so much! All credit to Bon Appetit for the recipe.

2 Likes

Bookmarking! I :hearts: stuffing.

2 Likes

Post Thanksgiving. Rabbit pasties with mussels. Cheers.

8 Likes

Rabbit pasties. Nice!

For a second year running: Chocolate bourbon pecan tart (recipe from David Lebovitz). Because for me it’s always about dessert.

12 Likes

Thanks to you and all the medical workers working hard during these tough times.

Lunch today. I crisped up some turkey skin for a bacon like component of the sandwich. Toasted up the bun in some butter and turkey fat from crisping up the skin. Heated up some white meat in the fat, red onion, tomato with some mayo and dijon mustard to pull it all together.
Thanks to @robert for posting this bun recipe I used for the sandwich. The buns been a big hit in our household. I’ve gotten requests to make it more frequently.

That looks amazing! I’m going to have to try that since we have plenty of mashed potatoes and turkey bits. What’s the basic technique? Mix everything together, coat in crumbs then fry or bake up?

13 Likes

Uhhh yumm!

Mashed Potato Balls - Yes, roll in flour then egg then panko. I pan-fried but can be baked too. The sauce underneath is leftover gravy w/a skosh of cream (hey, it’s the holidays!). Tips: use cold mashed potatoes and flour your hands so balls don’t stick. I used a big melon baller. They were so good!

5 Likes