Shunji Japanese Cuisine Deluxe Sushi Bento Take-out (West L.A.): A Pictorial Essay

The Shunji Deluxe Bento Box ($70, pre-order for take-out only) offers a welcome sight to pretty much anyone who first beholds it. It is prepared and pieced together with love and community in mind. It looks absolutely gorgeous - Almost to the point where I was a tad reluctant to dig in. Almost.

… and, not at all surprisingly, it taste heavenly.

Walking in for my pick-up, busy Team Shunji exudes a flurry of frenetic, positive energy…

Miki-san boxes up the nigiri…

Pens are always cleaned after each signature…

The Deluxe Sushi Bento: Gorgeous and Delicious!

This little “hitchhiker” was crunchy and crabby…

Only at Shunji Japanese Cuisine!

Shout out to our talented FTC DJ @Nemroz for a nicely curated (online) house music set as I prepared this post earlier today.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Shunji Japanese Cuisine
12244 W. Pico Bl.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
shunji-ns.com

19 Likes

Oh my god all these Shunji bento write-ups are too good. They put their to-go on Tock today and looks like I snagged the last Friday night deluxe bento! Added the Shunji sake to my order and can’t wait! :drooling_face:

1 Like

The Shunji sake is a treat!

3 Likes

Ichigo IS a special sake indeed. But I am on-call, so cannot afford to get too sloshed.

4 Likes

That’s easily a meal for two so not bad price at all. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you for all you are doing in these difficult times. Thank you as well for another wonderful “Pictorial Essay”!

3 Likes

Bigup J_L for tuning in. I went full pagan with messaging and artwork on this one. your post is crazy delicious looking… valentina wanted all of it

4 Likes

Loving all these killer takeout shots for #homeakase (or should I say #homakase, #shelterinplacebento #sushiinplace #sakeinplace #sushiandsakeinplace).

And well deserved for all that hard work you’re going through! Glad to see you post too!!

6 Likes

Shunji went to Tock now.

the aforementioned dj mix has been published.

2 Likes

Truffle ice cream now available…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFIDpl-jmvk/

8 Likes

And it’s now March, 2021: Shunji’s new digs on Ocean Park (Santa Monica) is undergoing construction, but the fantastic nigiri boxes keep coming, pop-up style…

12 Likes

Have they made any changes to either the standard or premium?

Is Shunji still doing takeout? The Tock page is confusing. Maybe I just need to check back some day when they’re going to be open?

Shunji is currently taking a break and focusing on his next venue in Santa Monica. I’ll keep y’all updated if there are any new developments…

4 Likes