Snacks on a Plane

Context? Smell-o-vision?

Toe jam is on my restricted list.

2 Likes

Honey Roasted Peanuts is the King of Airline Snacks for me!

Free tastes good

It’s not a judgement. It’s a puzzlement to me that people need to eat all the time. Then again, I do have friends that I make sure eat a banana or something when they begin to get grouchy, so who knows?

I believe you mean “bon appefeet”.

Exactly! I eat on international flights and that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

Exactly - and would you want to sit crammed in coach for hours next to one of those hungry cranky friends? We who bring snacks on a plane are doing a public service for our fellow passengers (again, as long as they’re not smelly or messy - the snacks, not the passengers).

1 Like

That’s why I just drink when flying. No one complains, especially when I’ve passed out.

5 Likes

I just had a nice memory. This was around 30 years ago when only Southwest didn’t have some kind of meal service. We’d had some great rare steak the night before. I had a little Gump’s bag (a divine shop in SF). We packed the steak, some cheese and a couple of rolls from a neighborhood bakery. Our fellow passengers were drooling…and at that time this was really unusual. Fun memory.

3 Likes

Just don’t defecate on the drink cart!

1 Like

For years now my go-to food situation for long haul flights has been the sandwich & two sides meal from Gelson’s, roasted, unsalted almonds, fruit, and candy of some sort. If I’m going a short distance then I cut the sandwich/sides but still bring along almonds & fruit.

3 Likes