Snow’s BBQ [Lexington, TX] - Brisket

Dang! This travels well for mail order. Defrost in the fridge for a couple of days, reheat in high moisture foil wrap a la “Texas Crutch” for 1hr @ 300F.

Excellent brisket. Deliciously moist and smoky. Definitely one of the best I’ve ever had!!!

15 Likes

Seeing it on the Netflix series was so nice. The story of their pit master was captivating. I didn’t know their product can be shipped. Have you ever been to the location?

Thought I’d chime in. I’ve been there once back a few years ago right before they got super popular. As it was, pulling in at 8:30 a.m. there were already a few people in line. The brisket was fantastic and I had a chance to compare it to Franklin’s a few days later, which was also great. That was when you could stand in line at Franklin’s about an hour before they opened and only have a couple dozen people in front of you at the most.

Anyway, Snow’s was quiet enough at that time that after I ate, I walked out and the whole crew was still out there. Everyone was super friendly, I was invited to come inside the pit area and walk around. They showed me the equipment, patiently answered all my questions and overall just made the experience even better.

It was over an hour drive from Austin and I had to get up while it was still dark on a Saturday morning. But it was a fun drive with the sunrise and after I got off the freeway, I drove through farms and made my way to the small town.

It was one of the highlights of my trip. I did 8 days and 7 nights in Austin and spent the entire time eating bbq, drove out to Muellers, Lockhart for the big 3, Luling, etc.

I wish I could find my trip report on CH, but their site search is so bad. I’ve looked off and on for a few years so I could copy it but no luck.

4 Likes

Hey I finally found it! Thanks @attran99 for giving me the incentive

6 Likes

@Jase that was a gangsta trip of epic eating! How you managed to not get tired of copious amounts of meat is a feat in that of itself.
Great report! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Testament to the quality and variety of bbq but yeah, I do like my meat. LOL

I’m glad you liked the report.

1 Like

Unfortunately have not been (& I overslept due to meat coma & missed Franklin), however the mail order option is a great alternative. I think the lines are going to get worse post Netflix…

@Jase I only managed 1/2 of your itinerary before calling uncle due to meat OD.

3 Likes

You both are OGs in my book just for planning a trip like this.

2 Likes

Great experience if you ever get a chance. Jase’s itinerary is great. I think these days I’d have to resort to a bulimic diet to make it through :joy:

2 Likes

One of my favorite things to do is take a week to visit a city by myself. I spend the whole week eating and exploring the city. All on my own pace and go with what strikes my fancy. I research and make a list and the only structure are open hours, crowds and geographical groupings. It’s always a fun get away, I walk a ton while exploring and that helps with all the eating. I also don’t mind eating at the bar so that helps when trying to get into a popular place. The only downside is having to be careful in ordering since there’s only me, as much as I would like to order most of the menu at times.

It’s been long enough I’m sure the list would need a tight review and updating for current ones worth visiting.

As for the meat, I can eat a lot of protein in one day, it’s the carbs that fill me up. That said, I was younger then and worked out a lot. My capacity certainly has slowed down some the last few years despite regular workouts.

Still, if it weren’t for Covid, I’d probably do another trip soon and go down swinging. Reading my trip report brought back all kinds of good memories.

4 Likes

I was planning a trip in Spring to fill in all the gaps I missed the last time. Then the $h!+ hit the fan :weary:

1 Like

Yeah, this has been a year so far. When it’s safe to go, would love to see your list and the report after.

1 Like

Glad you found that report, @Jase! Excellent in all ways, and made me wish I was there.

1 Like