Soba and Wagashi @losnooyado

That Bread is awesome.

Its “breadier” than most baguettes which makes it nice to make a “trough” and have a really nice crusty sandwich. I actually could only eat half that sandwich… wrapped it up in plastic wrap like a Pan Bagnat should be anyways… put it in the fridge and had it the next day for lunch… it wasn’t crust anymore but it was still super good and not tough in the least.

7 Likes

Thank you for the report!

And mmmmmmm - that sandwich!

Pan Bagnat baby!! It’s one of the best and easiest sandwiches you can make at home… AMAZING.

1 Like

I just have the costco albacore tuna. But hmm… maybe with some marinated artichoke hearts, and some peppers and thin sliced onion… Hmmmmm…

2 Likes

That is more than fine… Albacore is good stuff… With those ingredients and squeeze of lemon or lime or a shake of some red wine vinegar… great stuff to have in a sandwich.

2 Likes

Soba was earthy, chewy, and slightly grainy as it should be. But some of the noodles are cut unevenly as you can see in the pictures. Tsuyu, on the other hand, has a quite delicate and balanced flavor combination of smoke, sweetness, and that distinct dashi umami flavor.

soba banana bread

tamagoyaki
Moist, fluffy, slightly sweet and savory.

Yes, Yoko provides you with freshly grated wasabi unlike Vespertine.

hand-cut fresh soba - 80% buckwheat

Bring your own nori.

19 Likes

losnooyado x ototo

I tried, I failed, couldn’t get all four servings on one plate.

handmade soba, tsuyu, wasabi, negi, myoga, yuzu zest, BYO kizami nori
delicious as before and even better with some fresh yuzu zest.

round 2
yuzu for scale

passion fruit cheesecake cream puff - cookie crust cream puff stuffed with passion fruit curd and cream cheese filling, topped with swiss meringue

almond tofu with chino farms melon
a bit denser and not quite as refreshing as needle’s almond jello, wish there was some more syrup. but didn’t get any of the spicy flavors @J_L got, not sure what went wrong there.

19 Likes

Looks great. The cutting looks much more even now.

1 Like

Thanks @PorkyBelly (and by extension @js76wisco) for the tip on this. Great getting such fresh soba noodles!

2 orders plus one extra set of noodles was more than enough to stuff three of us :grimacing:

14 Likes

:sweat_smile: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Cold Otafuku Seiro Ume Shiso Vegetable. My favorite!

1 Like

:heart::blush::heart:

16 Likes

She has been putting some beautiful wagashi creations on her Instagram. Does your photo mean that she is selling them now?

she included that with my soba, i let her know they’re beautiful and delicious and she should consider selling them. we’ll see…

7 Likes

good news @Starchtrade, after some encouragement @losnooyado is selling her beautiful wagashi now. they’re naturally colored, filled with not too sweet anko, and pair great with some hayato sencha-matcha tea.

DM @losnooyado for some delicious soba and wagashi. @hanhgry, @rlw, @NYCtoLA, @TheCookie, @attran99, @Hungrydrunk, @chinchi.

16 Likes

Wow, so beautiful

2 Likes

Love your plateware @NYCtoLA !

1 Like

these look beautiful!!

1 Like

fresh, handmade soba, so good :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

14 Likes

Beautiful soba!

2 Likes