Sold! Chef Eric Greenspan Sells Off Mare & Greenspan's Grilled Cheese

He’s too concept-y, it’s overkill. I actually liked your passion. You’re not known for hyperbole I don’t think. You just really didn’t like the restaurant :grin:.

1 Like

I thought the whole grilled branzino was really good and at $19, a heck of a value as well.

1 Like

I’m bummed to hear all of this. I had high hopes for that space on Hyperion. So many years, so much bad food……

1 Like

Hi @LAgirl -

You should still check it out. I suspect there are few on this board who really like Mare. You could be one :relaxed:. I’m sure the site will be really nice looking. And you might find a couple dishes you like.

Happy Eating!

who knows----maybe I will @ some point. But with all the negative FTC opinions, I’m unlikely to go there. I tend to trust the “overall consensus” tastebuds here when trying a new (for me) place. I don’t eat out every day, so I prefer to get the best “bang for my buck” when I do.

1 Like

And… per Eater, it looks like Chef Greenspan just shut down his last (and newest) Mare in Silver Lake. After only 6 months, sheesh.

What’s this dude up to? He has been around my area for so long i just had a brain fart of a thought wondering what’s up.

He’s doing a bunch of delivery-only concepts and is a spokesperson for WW (formally Weight Watchers).

Also working on fried chicken, streamlining concessions (airports, sports facilities, etc.).