South Bay Staples

Me too. Just opened up a few miles from me in Yorba Linda. Brusters opening up next month. Went from having no good scoop shops to 2. Getting my summer beach body ready.

2 Likes

I am obsessed with working out/fitness helps keep it down. I also like to sneak in sunset walks at the Esplanade multiple times a week.

Stilll kinda dangerous to have Kansha and Handels nearby. For me it’s hard to say no to ice cream, pizza, and burgers lol. I live down the street from In N Out too lol

2 Likes

What’s your favorite at Handels?

Tripp Burger is going to be at El Segundo Brewing.

They have chilli burgers this week. Please God help me.

2 Likes

So far I liked the mocha almond fudge and praline pecan. I still need to go back and try more flavors. What do you like at Handels?

Ditto. Workout so I can eat/drink whatever I want. If I stopped working out I would gain 15/20 lbs in a month no problem.

1 Like

I really like Banana Cream Pie and Graham Central Station at Handel’s.

5 Likes

Have you tried Moon Donuts in Redondo? They are my favorite in the South bay.

2 Likes

The chowpups love the cotton candy and bubble gum flavors at both.

At Handel’s, I’m partial to banana cream pie and any of the cheesecake flavors. The buckeye is also very good.

Bruster’s does a mint Oreo on occasion that I really like.

3 Likes

Grahman Central Station!

I have not but they are right next to Maison so I’ll have to try.

Looks like I need to try Banana Cream Pie

1 Like

Sushi Yoshi. I am obsessed with battera lol.

Good to see some life back in this plaza. I see there is now a Starbucks, a izakaya, acai place, and a record store specializing in Japanese pressings. (All the açaí places suck in comparison to OC Blue Bowls)

Fu Sing had an hour wait for food. I will keep that place in mind when I am crazing that style of Chinese food. The crispy pork egg rolls look good. They have Tso’s, tomato beef chow mein, and steamed pork patty.

Still haven’t tried Curryfornia.

4 Likes

Wow didn’t know fu sing was so popular!

I think for the older non-Asian crowd it’s popular . Obviously I rather eat at Ruji or DTF but sometimes you want that Americanized stuff

1 Like

I love some good crab rangoons, egg rolls, orange chicken, and Mongolian beef etc. I worked in a small Chinese restaurant in the Midwest as a teenager and got free food every night I worked. It was great.

3 Likes

Baba’s Deli.

This is pretty solid sandwiches that don’t skimp on the quantity. Super nice owner that has worked at delis in Queens and Manhattan. No grill or fryer yet. Good selection of chips and drinks. He has that ginger beer brand that I forgot the name and that Spanish brand chips that’s only EVOO and sea salt also forgot the name

5 Likes

Torres

2 Likes

Has anyone been to that New York Deli on Sepulveda in Torrance? Is it worth trying?

Never been but Eater has

2 Likes

Paging @JeetKuneBao

I seen them driving by but haven’t tried it yet.

The matzo ball soup looks great. Not a fan of that thin pastrami.

Which reminds me I haven’t had Langers in years.

BTW I am Langers>Katz. Katz pastrami is great especially the fatty but it’s a travesty it’s on that shitty rye.

7 Likes