South Bay Staples

What’s everyone’s Jus Poke order?

4 Likes

I usually rotate between 3 flavors-

Spicy, shoyu, and California roll. I used to do original a lot but not so much anymore.

Never get rice since I can get that at home spicy edamame and Aunty pickles.

1 Like

Sometimes time you gotta just get some old school tex mex. Original red onion!

4 Likes

Pocha 88 in Gardena. Fun joint. Head banging Korean dance music - think lots of Psy / Gangnam Style. I’m not a Korean bar food expert, but we had a nice meal of old favorites… Grilled rice cake and sausage skewers. Kimchi pancake. Fried chicken wings. Fishcake soup. Tteokbokki with ramen and cheese. Everything was good. I probably prefer CM Chicken’s wings and fishcake soup but this menu is far more diverse!

5 Likes

King Mediterrano

Damn dude. This place is insanely good.

Made to order. Got the King Bowl, half rice half salad, chicken kebab and sharwma. Juicy and flavorful. That garlic sauce (extra) is better than Zankou.

3 Likes
1 Like

YAY!! My friend raved them up… glad to hear it’s as good as she said. Will have to put them higher on my list to go now!!

2 Likes

Kasai Teriyaki House

Delicious. Look at that char, and those pristine avocado slices. :heart_eyes:

Ran by a very nice Korean family.

3 Likes

Who makes the best hood burger in the South Bay?

Steve’s? Louis? I was told the cooks at Pit Burger have been there since they were teenagers. It’s gotta be good.

2 Likes

Also the best Cambodian pink box donut shop?

Sorry to say the Sidecar in Torrance is not as good as Costa Mesa.
Costa Mesa is busier with hotter and fresher donuts. “Fresh donuts every hour” is kinda sorta false at Sidecar Torrance. Don’t know about Santa Monica.

1 Like

I’ve only been to tomboys and pit burger.

Tomboys has solid chili cheese burgers in the vein of Tommy’s.

So pitburger I’ve had once and it was very good. But just fyi the teriyaki burger doesn’t come with a beef patty only the slices of teriyaki. Not sure if they have a burger teriyaki slice combo but you should ask because that’s what i usually envision as a teriyaki burger.

1 Like

I always ask them which donuts came out the most recently and only choose from those.

1 Like

Used to go to Louis Burger on Carson pretty regularly. Always liked the chili, burgers and burritos are solid. Wouldn’t go far out of my way for it specifically probably, but it hit the spot for me.

2 Likes

My favorite is Oh My Burger.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/oh-my-burger-gardena-3

Their fries are also puppy approved!

7 Likes

More tacos and one vampiro at el compita, it actually kinda allows you to make two vampiros with the extra tostada.

4 Likes

Don’t judge me.

Kansha.

Whiskey coffee, Mississippi malt, Cinna-bacon

And I had Handels twice last week lol

9 Likes

7 Leaves has a secret menu. I didn’t know that lol

Half coffee half Thai tea with boba.

Viet-Thai-Taiwanese fusion yuen yeung

I used to only get taro milk tea but I like this combo

2 Likes

Wadatsumi beef bowl still hits!

4 Likes

How are you keeping your weight down lol that’s a lot of ice cream/eating!

I was going to ask you what mochi’s to get at Sakura-ya and Chikara