Speaking of the 626 night market

This.

1 Like

At $7 it was the cheapest thing I bought. The sorbet was delicious. Don’t know where they find these mini pineapples. Perfect consistency. Tasted like dole whip. The rest of this place was boba drinks, ice cream with stuffs, fried nonsense, expensive terrible food and people posting stuff on IG.

3 Likes

Sprouts last year had mini pineapples… around this time too I believe… I bought a few for a bridal shower… they actually were pretty yummy!

Wow! That sounds fantastic! Thank you for the info!

PS - I now see I am late to the party but? The true night market continues!

https://www.littlesaigonnow.com/event/little-saigon-night-market-2018-21.html

2 Likes

Glad you got to try the sorbet!! So damn good huh?

Face it we are food snobs.

Runs every weekend during Summer, but be warned–the prices of the grilled squid, prawns and lobster tails always goes up as the season wears on…

Those 2 vendors are side-by-side, and they always have the longest lines. They’re right inside the entrance, just past the Lynda stall.

Good to know - thank you!

Is this the first time for a 626 “Mini” Night Market held on the Westside?

Not sure how they compare to Taiwan, but I went to one in the SF Bay Area, and it’s just standing in line for a long time over and over again.

2 Likes

No. They did in years past and in the spring. I haven’t been tempted to go because it seems like it would be mess… @hal mentioned, it kinda is.

1 Like

yup, and even when one is “lucky” enough to “score” something to eat, it usually sucks.

2 Likes

That’s being very generous. 626 night market would be a great place for a revenge restaurant. While not as expensive as other suggestions the waiting especially if it’s in the summer and QPR would be sweet revenge.

5 Likes

They had bang bang noodles at this past event but one serving of noodle was going for $25 or $30 IIRC.

1 Like

Oh, gawd, thanks for feedback, folks. We “reserved” free tix (b/f I saw all the feedback). This place is so close to home that, if it looks like the line’s a mess, we’ll just go back home (or eat at any of the other really good places close by…).

::faints::

I also noticed this “new to me” thing:

3 Likes

At the one I went to in 2018, I had:

stewed pig’s ear $5.50 from Liang’s Village Cupertino

Oxtail rice w/tomato & carrots $12 from Liang’s Cupertino

Honey Grapefruit Squeeze w/Green tea, topped with mint $6 from Liang’s Cupertino

Mango Crystal Jelly Slush $8.00 from 50 Tea

Never again.

4 Likes

Reading the original yelp reviews from the first 626 night market in Pasadena in 2012 was one of the most brutal entertaining things ever. Could not stop :popcorn:

While it’s gotten bigger and some would argue better run, can’t say much about the quality of food—lots of IG food for the gram.

3 Likes