Spice Shops?

Are there any local spice shops left in Central LA or the Valley? Something like Spice Station, or Le Sanctuaire before that. I need some stuff tomorrow so I don’t have time to order online, and I don’t fancy a trek down to Penzey’s if I can avoid it. How is the quality of things like peppercorns at the various ISS locations? Anything I’m missing? Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Central L.A., Surfas is open for pick up and in store shopping. Monsieur Marcels has an excellent selection of spices.

In the Valley, Epicure Imports has your basics and some not.

–Dommy!

2 Likes

If you don’t want to take a trip to Penzeys then you probably don’t want to go to the Savory Spice Shop in Costa Mesa. But then you can go to Portola or pick up tacos from Taco Maria while you are there.

3 Likes

You might try Epicurus Gourmet, https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/92700be0-5fa5-4e1a-9249-a64e798bb4c8/downloads/In%20Stock%20Product%20List%20-%207.18.2020.pdf?ver=1595386963564
Scroll down to the Spice listing. As you weren’t very specific as to what you want I can’t tell if they have anything you desire. I can testify as to the fairness of their pricing and the quality of their stock.
Oops edited to add @Dommy added a reference to them under the old name…

2 Likes

Thanks all! We live about 10 mins from MM, but I guess I never thought to check their spice section. Great one to have in the back pocket. I think I’ll use this as an excuse to hit up Epicurus. Great suggestions!

2 Likes