Spoon and Pork

A very mediocre Bahn Mi and the non pork dishes are hit and miss, but goodness! The crispy Pata is easily the best pork dish I probably have had in Los Angeles. So good. Their fried chicken adobo is also surprisingly good as well.

This is one of those places where you have to really go in with a gameplan of knowing what you’d like to eat otherwise be leaving disappointed, but I’d highly recommend this hidden gem for some fatty comfort food.

2 Likes

Warrior: This is a nice neighborhood spot for Filipino food in Silver Lake, across the street from All Day Baby. Good ingredient quality, competent cooking with some creativity. I would say it is the best Filipino food I’ve ever had (out of 4-5 restaurants). Not a destination place, but a good choice if you’re in the area.

Peony: I was excited to try this Filipino restaurant in Silver Lake. The dishes were prepared well. I’m not very experienced with Filipino food, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Overall, the dishes tasted similar to Cantonese to me, so not as exciting as other ethnic Asian foods such as Burmese, Nepalese, etc. But if you are in the neighborhood, it is a good option for trying something different.

2 Likes

Can you list out the items in the pictures? Food looks really good

1 Like

Warrior: Clockwise from upper-left

Tokwa (fried tofu)
Shrooms salpicao
Coco jackfruit
Pancit
Adobo fried chicken

I thought all dishes were on about the same level. The chicken would probably be the draw for most FTC readers, but I found it a little dry (but not bad).

1 Like