Store Bought Corned Beef - Who's got the tastiest?

can anyone point me in the right direction? I would make it myself but i don’t have enough time to cure it by Friday.

thanks in advance.

Curious to hear as well. My $3/lb specimens from the standard markets didn’t exactly make me a convert.

FWIW, Snake River Farms sells non-prime corned beef or something like $15/lb, and >prime corned beef for almost $25/lb.

1 Like

do you know where i can get the Snake River Farms one? i saw corned beef at Costco Business Center, a full brisket Packer, but that’s a little bit too much meat. thanks for the information.

Snakeriverfarms.com. They had a $10 coupon code last week. The >prime corned beef was $60 for a 2.5 pound slab.

Ah! I thought they would have them at a store or something. I’ll check online and see who sells it locally.

Thanks!

They had some samples out at Trader Joe’s last week. Tasted pretty good, like corned beef of yore. I read the ingredients list, and it was something like 1gm of sodium per 2oz portion. That sounded pretty high, but maybe it’s normal for corned beef.

1 Like

The one I got from Sprouts was a notch better than the vons/albertsons/ralphs-type ones I have gotten in the past.

1 Like

2019 bump with st patty’s day just a few weeks to go.

Can someone provide me with a NO BRAINER supplier + corned beef/cabbage recipe to make me a believer? I like corned beef fine, but have never found a homemade corned beef/cabbage dinner that was worthwhile.

1 Like

2020 bump.

Very happy with my Gelsons branded product last year but wanted to get your thoughts. Here’s Gelsons selection today.

I haven’t tried any of the Gelson’s products but maybe I’ll try these this year.