Summer / Fall / Winter / Spring fruit

This is huge news.

1 Like

Just had the most amazing white nectarines from Gelsons in Silver Lake

1 Like

So the Regier’s white peaches last wk and this wk were incredible. Yellow peaches last wk were fantastic but only very good this wk. Partner was originally planning to make the ATK peach sonkerr this wk but thought the peaches were too tasty to bake. :smiley:

If you buy a “flat” (tray), you get a discount per pound. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

how much were they $9000?

2 Likes

Ha. I got it on sale at $2/lb but they’re now back to $5/lb.

1 Like

So yes, stone fruit, melons, and tomatoes are incredible everywhere and a couple of stalls have corn (I want to give a quick shoutout to Burkhart Organic, which I haven’t seen mentioned yet here but has been a must-visit for me ever since Aprium season), but one of the most exciting things I saw today: mangos! Valencia Prides, as well as some Manilas and another that I bought but can’t remember the name of.

4 Likes

See Canyon also is fantastic and not mentioned much! Well worth checking out Some pictures from today’s market

3 Likes

magical grapes - shinano smile
thanks @NYCtoLA

6 Likes

Saw those on Wednesday but couldn’t pull the trigger for the cost. Are they incredible?

I’m not familiar with japanese grapes but I think these are meant to be peeled? the skin is pretty thick and astringent and eating the grapes with the skin on felt like I was drinking a glass of merlot.
the flesh is on the softer side with an above average sweetness. luckily they’re easy to peel.

5 Likes

I grow these in my backyard. Peel them, unless you like the thick skin. Heavenly, right?

1 Like

THEY ARE BACK!!

MOONDROPS!!

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up! Love these snappy grapes!

1 Like

They also have the cotton candy but I don’t like those nearly as much as the moon drop

These were purchased at Whole Foods

Fresh barhi season has arrived

Stone fruit selection is definitely dwindling; most of the good ones now need to be eaten hard. Watermelons still awesome. Peppers are probably the star of the market overall right now.

2 Likes

Had some great plums from Brentwood FM on Sunday. Elephant heart, French prune plums, yellow plums! Get 'em while they are still around

1 Like

What Fruits are good/in season right now?

1 Like

a lot of citrus kumquats, mandarinquat, tangelos, oranges mostly. Apples are pretty much done unless the farmer has some in storage. persimmons are done or on their last legs

Garcia Organic Farm & Mud Creek are my favorite vendors. You still have winter Harries Berries. This is a great time of year for eating dates imo and there are still a couple vendors at the farmers market

5 Likes

Been mainlining the Khadrawy dates from Bautista; they’re incredible right now.

1 Like

“Cocktail grapefruits” (something I had previously only seen as “Frua” grapefruits at the Cal Poly Pomona farm store) are in a bunch of different stands. Super sweet, super seedy so great for juice.

Cara cara oranges and blood oranges have been really good recently. Dates are good. Saw more strawberries on Wednesday than I’ve seen in a couple months.

3 Likes