Super Bowl….whats the playbook for food/drinks?

Modelos
Avocado hummus with pita crackers
Jalapeno artichoke cream cheese dip

Hoping to steal some ideas from you all…
:beers::football:

1 Like

Mmmmmmmm…Modelo

And sunny 82 F degree weather on Sunday.

My plans consist of so far:

Pineapple Sculpin

1 Like

Queso dip. I can only eat about two tablespoons before the stuff repulses me, but I really look forward to those two tablespoons once a year.

1 Like

My friends never bring anything for the football games. I always cook . So some Hot dogs with cheap buns . I’ll cook for myself after the game .

1 Like

I will be guest, not host, this year. After experimenting with various creative dishes I’ve finally accepted that what people really want for football parties is pigs in blankets, so that’s what I’m making. And also some sort of cookies.

1 Like

Playbook? Some friends have hosted for about 5 years now (maybe more). Everyone has to bring a baked (sweet) good. They make savories - hot dogs, other simple but tasty goods, and then whatever of the baked goods are left (and there are plenty) we swap and take home in Ziploc bags. Drinks are mostly BYO, with a few things available at their house. There are several serious foodies and food industry people who attend, and this has worked out great.

1 Like

Since Hillshire Farms makes Lit’l Turkey Smokies, I’ll probably make some :pig: in da blanket…
:beers:

1 Like

Here are 50 great Super Bowl Recipes from Food & Wine…
I’m making the Crab Imperial…

www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/super-bowl/8

If I was spending Superbowl Sunday in San Diego, I’d probably just buy about a dozen pizzas from BIGA and then about a bucket worth of Irish Creme ice cream from Extraordinary Desserts.

1 Like

I threw a pork shoulder into the crock pot with salt, pepper, and little bit of liquid smoke…6 hours later…kahlua-style pork with King’s Hawaiian rolls on the side. Everyone make their own sliders.
I also made a tray of nachos with al pastor taco meat from the local Mexican market…didn’t have enough time to make the gaucamole or salsa, so I picked that up, too. Throw in some crema con sal, and there were plenty of toppings for the nachos.
I was lucky enough to find lovely Oxnard strawberries from the farmer’s market earlier that morning and left that out with homemade whipped cream and Nutella for dessert.
It was a lazy Super Bowl Sunday.

1 Like

Some of the old CHers from 'way back rounded up more friends and neighbors from all over LA for a very serious potluck with some football happening, for most of us kinda in the background. There were of course wings and wings, with several kinds of dip involved, and P’s mom did several different salsas of varying heat and flavor profiles, along with a pot each of chile colorado with chicharrones and chile verde with pork ribs plus plenty of lovely arroz to have them with. There was a pot of pulled pork on the stove as well, and some roasted smoked cauliflower that was delightful even if one was not vegetarian. The healthy greenery ranged from a better-than-average array of crudités, two very different green salads, both good, and some excellent coleslaw. I brought enough potato salad to guarantee me some leftovers (LOVE me some potato salad!) and just barely did that. The desserts were not as dug into as seems usually the case, but L brought a plate of an amazing fake-toffee confection based on saltines and topped with chocolate that did mostly evaporate. I was all topped up early enough to catch the last quarter, for which I am (for a total non-jock) strangely grateful.

2 Likes

Love that your you posting here Will…
:football::+1:

Just happy to be here! This and/or Hungry O seems to be where most of us have landed …

1 Like