Sushi Ginza Onodera - OOE Omakase

We both think this is the best sushi in LA.

1 Like

NYC closing in August

competition at the very top end is just too fierce in NYC. LA hasn’t quite hit there yet. But might soon ha.

It’s funny the clientele at high end sushi places in LA and NYC. LA is a proliferation of very wealthy Chinese people at top end omakase and NYC is a lot of finance bros. Can’t go to either without being generally surrounded by them.

4 Likes

Who has the big money varies from place to place. When I went to Sushi Yoshizumi most if not all the other customers seemed like Chinese / Chinese-American techie couples.

1 Like

Was at Sawa friday night with an old coworker. Not that it’s as high end as the others but everyone was a very old chinese man on a date with a very young woman

3 Likes

@PorkyBelly with niece? :wink:

5 Likes

I haven’t gone to sgo with my young fitness model @chrishei yet, here are pics from my last visit with my niece @NYCtoLA

13 Likes

Dang. You got me food than me. I only got 11 pieces of sushi + one egg when we went end of may

Wasn’t as good as I remember from pre Covid but nostalgia is the most deceitful memory

AFAIR, Yohei-san does offer his customers the option to go into extra rounds after the completion of the formal omakase. Is this maybe what happened here?

1 Like

correct, everything after dessert were bonus rounds aka porky rounds :pig:

5 Likes

That’s too bad. I have many good memories of Sushi Ginza Onodera in NYC. But I guess that’s in part because it was always easy to get reservations there when I was in NYC. The LA branch seems to be doing better.