Sushi in Los Feliz / east hollywood?

Heading out tomorrow evening with the lady to UCB. We’ll be headed down Los Feliz to Sunset and Western.

A cursory google maps inspection shows Sushi Ike, which I’m guessing is on the order of Echigo in price/quality. That would be lovely but possibly more than I’m looking spend this particular evening.

Any other recommendations?

Anyone have anything to say about En Sushi (hillhurst) or Kazoku (Hollywood)?

if you’re willing to do 3.1 miles check out Murakami

Murakami Sushi, 7160 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046

Sushi Ike has gone downhill.

Shintaro is reasonably priced and offers good sushi. It’s on Highland and Franklin.

I’ve been to Murakami. Decent prices. Pretty clientele (or it was the night I went).

Assuming there’s time, I’m thinking of going to check out Yuzu in Toluca lake, which was recommended on the NoHo thread. It seems like a nice compromise between roll-factory utility fish and something more spendy.

What I’m really looking for is something like Sugarfish that isn’t Sugarfish. Because gawd…

Nori, in all seriousness (but try to be seated with the head chef). Omakase for $40-50 depending on length - they have started bringing in more interesting fish, as well.

except Nori is no where near Los Feliz

Re: Yuzu call for a reservation because it’s a 2 hour wait on busy nights

Well it’s definitely not further than Toluca Lake!

Good call. They’re booked. Got in at Chiba.

I’m always a big fan of Noshi on Beverly (just east of Western) for a no frills, low-ish cost sushi fix.