Sushi Yoshizumi - OOE Omakase

Those pearly grains on that shari… Oh wow. I gotta get back there myself to see Akira-san soon.

1 Like

3 Likes

THey have hagashi toro (very rare).

Hagashi toro is very rare because it is so difficult to prepare and very labor intensive. The cut of magurotypically used for this preparation is located at the top of the tail or at the bottom of the belly. The chef painstakingly removes all pieces of tendon and sinew (talk about arduous knife work!), resulting in a completely soft texture that is simply spectacular.”

“The legendary, Michelin-starred sushi restaurant – usually an omakase-only affair – is offering a chirashi bowl ($85); a nigiri set ($85), a particularly decadent-looking toro, uni, and ikura bowl ($125), and a handful of other options for takeout. Call at least a day in advance between 11 a.m. and noon (650-437-2282) or order online.”

That’s out of date, from lockdown times. It’s omakase-only, you have to reserve on Tock the second reservations open up, and it’s $590 per party of two.

None of the meals reported on here included hagashi toro.

Kaneyoshi and Kabuto in Las Vegas also serve it.

1 Like

Masakazu (of all place) served me some spectacular hagashi toro nigiri when they first opened…

1 Like

I had hagashi at Hiroyoshi Vegas.

2 Likes

they should also add NO diy sashimi to their disclaimer too. there was a woman at the end of the counter who was only eating the neta and just throwing away the rice. and was even giggly about it with her friends. such disrespect.

highlights

• kawahagi
  • kinmedai
  • yaito katsuo
  • seikogani
  • chawanmushi
  • ankimo
  • iwashi
  • hotate
  • sawara
  • oma maguro
  • saba
  • kohada
  • kuruma ebi - probably the best i’ve had outside of japan.
  • tamago

kawahagi and liver

kinmedai, ponzu

yaito katsuo

shirako

kasugodai

kuromutsu

ika

seikogani

chawanmushi

ankimo

hokkaido iwashi

hokkaido hotate

sawara zuke

tachiuo

mozuku

oma maguro

otoro

saba bozushi

uni

kuruma ebi

anago

ara jiru

tamago x 4

kohada

kanpyo tamago maki

matcha

8 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
they didnt get an abruptly shortened menu??!

1 Like

how did you feel about Akira-san going back to sho-style progression of service?

1 Like

Oh did he serve it sho-style before? I was wondering why we didn’t get all the otsumami at the start. wonder if nakazawa-san visiting had anything to do with that.

1 Like

Prolly.

Sashimi-making customer will (hopefully) be 86’ed.

1 Like

ok but what were the lowlights tho :joy:

(besides the diner that didn’t like rice)

2 Likes

akira-san didn’t notice until about halfway through and i could tell he was angry, he gave her just the neta for the rest of the meal, except for the bozushi which she promptly destroyed to remove the rice.

1 Like

speaking of sho, akira-san tells me nakazawa-san will be fulltime in nyc and sushi-sho waikiki will be headed by his apprentice.
cc @Sgee

2 Likes

makes sense. did you just go? your pics look identical to what I had in december save for the dessert (almond pudding)

I was there end of december.

1 Like

i’ll be on the lookout for anyone that orders 4 tamago lmao

1 Like

:sob: Hawaii > NYC for vacay

2 Likes

my thoughts exactly.

1 Like