Swadesh - lil Bangladesh

Noya Kitchen? I thought about trying them, too! Maybe next stop.

I also saw a lechon place down the block but the hours clearly didn’t match their Yelp page so not sure if they’ll actually be open when I can make it.

There was also a banner on another spot saying something like “Lotus World Cafe” or is opening soon

1 Like

Ya there was never a menu. Go back for some fresh roti and paratha with their stews. Man I really miss the spot.

2 Likes

Yeah— Noya Kitchen. I haven’t seen too many people eating there, but they seem to do a good take out biz. (I live a block away)

The Lechon place has been there for many years. I haven’t tried it… I got the impression that they specialize in whole pig catering. But I could be wrong…

1 Like

That Lotus World banner has been up for probably at least a year now…

Yeah, to be honest I went to the URL on the banner and it wasn’t a real page

1 Like

Noya is killer for fried chicken. Highly recommend; just wish they did a properly spicy fried chicken (doesn’t even have to be HR style “hot”)

Bangla Bazaar (across from Noya Kitchen) is still my Bengali spot in the area, fwiw. Recommend

3 Likes

I’ll have to try Noya in the near future for some take-out then. Have you tried the kababs yet? Worth ordering? or anything else on the menu good?

Bangla Bazaar is my spot for that sort of food as well. I’ve also bought lamb shanks from their butcher in the past that were really good and cut to order from the full lamb.

1 Like

Anyone try Kasturi? It gets pretty busy in the evenings. Had a pretty good vegetable dish there recently but I don’t know if they have a set menu.

1 Like

I haven’t tried any of the restaurants on 3rd close to Vermont (parking always is challenging over there), only the ones between Normandie/Western since I live in walking distance.

imo kebabs at noya aren’t worth ordering (QPR). the fried rice there scratches a very specific desi-chinese itch for me, though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes