Sweets Raku - Chinatown

Many mentions of Abriya Raku on FTC but there’s seemingly no love for their sister dessert bar Sweets Raku even though they’re almost right next to each other. Quality and light desserts can be found here. Portions are also quite generous so you may get away with quenching your dessert cravings by sharing 1 dessert between 2 people.

Lastly, it’s not unusual to see a line out the door at night at Sweets Raku but you can usually visit during lunch hassle free. Sit at the counter and watch the chefs whip up a variety of desserts.

For those who have a significant other who loves to find instagram or snapchat worthy dessert places: Recommended!

Note: I also thrown in some bonus Aburiya Raku pictures just for the heck of it. It was a fantastic meal.

Sweets Raku
5040 W Spring Mountain Rd
Ste 3
Las Vegas, NV 89146

Open counter seatings with perhaps 3 tables available

Need a reason to sit at the counter? Watch pastry chef Mio Ogasawara whip up desserts right in front you.

Aburiya Raku Dinner Pictures start here:

Raku’s Tofu

Agedashi Tofu

Butter Sautéed Scallop with Soy Sauce

Steamed Foie Gras Egg Custard

Kurobuta Pork Cheek

Kobe Beef Outside Skirt with Garlic

Kobe Beef Fillet with Wasabi

Duck with Balsamic Soy Sauce

Apple Marinated Lamb Chop

Foie Gras with Glazed Soy-base Sauce

Pork Belly Sweet Dashi Sauce

9 Likes

Nice work, @moonboy403!
I went last month for dinner. Pulled into Raku Sweets after a fantastic meal at Raku. We waited 20 minutes at 11PM on a Saturday night.
Dessert was good. It was reasonably priced. The show was cool…it reminded me of a place I had visited in NYC called Chikilicious. My dining companions loved it.

@attran99 Can you tell me more about Chikalicious since I’m planning to go there in a few months? Thanks!!

Chikalicious is almost the exact same thing as Raku Sweets. It’s located on the outskirts of the East Village. My cousin’s cousin knows the chef there and I think she happens to be Japanese.
They have a dessert counter and the set up is an open kitchen where you see the chefs put together your dessert. They do a tasting menu similar to Raku with an optional wine pairing, and I remember prices being very reasonable.
I don’t know which came first…this place or Sweets Raku.
I followed up a dinner at Chef Jonathan Waxman’s Barbuto with dessert here. It was a nice way to end an evening.

1 Like

Another excellent visit here after dining at Raku. My experience here’s much better than at Chikalicious in NYC

Frozen Orange | Cassis & Mascarpone Mousse, Page Tangerine, Chocolate Wafer Cookie, Raspberry

Love the burst of tangy citrus from the chewy fresh tangerine with certain bites.

Strawberry | White Chocolate Cup, Pie Crust, Strawberry Mousse, Strawberry “Candy”

Yup. I destroyed it. It’s a little busy but tastes great nonetheless.

The strawberry “candy” is filled with a refreshing strawberry sorbet and a condensed milk mousse.

Cherry Blossom Cream Puff
Crispy on the outside and airy on the inside…the texture of the choux pastry is excellent.

2 Likes

Those look gorgeous!

peach sorbet

black sesame pudding

stella | strawberry tart, mascarpone mousse, strawberry sorbet

carib | coconut panna cotta, melon sorbet, chocolate cream, banana, mango, mango sauce, cinnamon pie stick

4 Likes