Talkin' Bout Tater Tots

Tater tots.
I love them.
Where are your favorites?

@catholiver shared a link to a Gothamist article and there was a link on that page to this drool-inducing round-up of NYC tater tots, which prompted this post.

Mole tots @ amor y tacos

6 Likes

Yes! This!

2 Likes

3 Little Pigs at Humble Potato for when you want something over the top. Crispy tater tots, kurobuta pork belly, smoked bacon, fried spam, melted cheddar, grilled onions, creamy yuzu-vinaigrette, and fried egg.

Not LA, but I love the various tater tots that Cheeky’s in Palm Springs has on their menu every so often.

Edit: @ElsieDee, I just remembered that you’re vegetarian so ignore that first one. :grimacing:

4 Likes

/thread

Or not. Who am I to close the discussion. But these are my ne plus ultra tots.

3 Likes

LOL! I was talking to my Manhattan friend when this showed up. Forwarded it to her. 'Course we were talking about how 40% of Americans are obese :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amor y Tacos, Cerritos.
http://www.amorytacos.com/

5 Likes

Homemade, Homemade Tater Tots Recipe

2 Likes

I hear ya. I read it. But can’t imagine DOING it. But, I tell ya, TJs “Potato Tots” are really super. Really.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of tj’s tots too. I went through a phase w/ them when they first brought them in. My favorite preparation at the time was to cook up a batch of tots, fry a couple of eggs to place on top (maybe grate some cheese to gild the lily) and go to town. Possibly add salsa if in the mood.

3 Likes

Wake & Late

The bonus here is that when you order tater tots, you get a free breakfast burrito. A pretty good one, too.

2 Likes

Dog haus
Fab hot dogs

3 Likes

I always get some tots at Top Round. Dunk them in the Whiz!

Emphatic +1 on Fab Hot Dog. (Garlic Tots)

1 Like