Tell me of some of your favorite places to eat in the general vicinity of Cerritos, Norwalk, & Artesia

I haven’t eaten at every place in Little India but I can’t disagree. The medium at Akosha was significantly hotter than 4 spice level at Lotus of Siam which my kids can handle.

The Fogo de Chao physical structure is up in Brea on Imperial and Randolph. Why they are putting an In N Out on that corner in the same plaza is beyond me but Brea should be closer than BH.

Thanks for the recs for Isla and GG. I’m trying to find more new places to try out within 20-30 mins.

2 Likes

Fogo in Brea?! :scream:
I’m not sure that should be so close and easily accessible for the carnivores in my household.

The 2 story building is up. I have no idea how long it will take to complete the whole redesign in that plaza but maybe open early next year?

1 Like

I think India House in Buena Park (closer to La Palma/Valley View) might be closer to you unless you have things to do around Artesia. Kamal is always helpful and will adjust heat level to your preference. Thanks for the info on FdC in Brea. Used to hang out in that neck of the woods but it’s been a while, I think last time was years ago when we went to the now closed Melting Pot. I think for the kids growing up in the burbs, it’s a big deal to go to BH, SaMo, Malibu. Take care…

That will be walking distance from me and I can grab some onion rings from the Hat on the way home.

2 Likes

Isla menu takes:
Empanadas
Papas rellenas
Lomo saltado
Mofongo
Pollo asado
Salmon habanero

The cocktail game here is also delightful.

1 Like

@attran99, thank you for the Isla recs. @ Cancoon Thai in Bellflower today—chicken krapow over rice, pad se ew (requested smaller pad thai noodles but got thin rice noodles instead; like that they put more Chinese broccoli leaves than other places) and koi soi (sorry, forgot to take pix). No lunch specials at this time.

Had hoped to get nasi bungkus and beef rendang from Toko Rame for the fam but waaaaaaa, not open yet when I stopped by. About 2 wks ago, no indoor dining but they had tables outside. Still has lunch specials, the older son manages the resto now cause owner, Titi (sp?), has a full-time job but she does come in on the weekends. If you’re a chili head, ask for lots of sambal…lots.

Was on wrong side of the road and didn’t make it to Masahuat Salvadorean & Mexican Food but found a small pupuseria (didn’t realize there a few pupuserias around these areas). Pupuseria El Buen Sazon had a sign that they have Tamales de Chipilin which I’ve never had nor heard of and I had difficulty communicating w/my basic knowledge of Spanish. They also have pork and chicken, each one $2.25, bought all 3 but only sampled the chipilin. Here’s online description “ Tamalitos de chipilín is a Guatemalan tamale variety made with a leafy green vegetable called chipilín , native to Mexico. This variety does not contain any meat, just chipilín leaves that are wrapped in a combination of corn flour, margarine, water, and salt, then wrapped again in corn husks and steamed.”. Also tried pupuseria revuelta ($2.60) but somehow forgot to take a pix. Bought grilled chicken breast combos, Thursday chicken tacos special for the fam—nothing special. My first choice for both pupusas and Salvadorean tamales is Nancy’s in Buena Park. If too lazy to drive there, I go to my 2nd choice, El Tazumal Pupuseria in Norwalk, lately mostly for their square shaped, banana wrapped tamales. Pupusas are made to order so it takes a while esp when they’re busy and sometimes no parking at their small lot.

6 Likes