Tesse - had lovely meal

Finally made it to Tesse and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Just two of us. No photos: tried but it was too dark for our camera skills.
The restuarant is very Dark, LOUD, and Pretty

Impressive house made pates and charcuterie - we did not try any but want to return for them.

We had:

ARTICHOKE COUNTRY TOAST 12
ricotta, Sarawak peppercorn, barigoule
Loved this. Excellent light bread/toast and the pepper and ricotta made a great platform for the excellent artichoke hearts

OCTOPUS 19
chorizo, aquarello rice, squid ink, lemon
Also fantastic. Very inky risotto but the chorizo/lemon brought out some bright notes. Wonderful octopus

BUCATINI WITH BONE MARROW 21
duck prosciutto, brown butter, shallots
Another winner. I know @PorkyBelly did not like this dish but we did

PORK CHOP 26OZ 45
charred carrots, brown butter, boudin noir
Nice hunk of pork. Cooked a few minutes longer than I would have but not overdone enough to send it back.
The side veg + boudin noir was crave-worthy.

Looking forward to returning.

8 Likes

Got a few useable shots

PORK CHOP

ARTICHOKE COUNTRY TOAST

6 Likes

I popped in here last night for cocktails, but ended up realizing that the wine program is absolutely awesome. Lots of exclusive wines and half-glass pours. Really fun!

Service is also above-and-beyond. For me, the pork chop was overcooked (I had requested medium rare when I ordered it, but it came out medium well), and just not a truly enjoyable dining experience. The boudin noir and veggies were extraordinary. They ended up taking the entire pork chop off the bill because I commented that it was overcooked for my tastes . Truly top notch stuff that makes it easy to want to return. I planned on leaving an extra huge tip but the downside of their automatic charge and no gratuity line, and my failure to carry cash on me regularly means I’ll have to make it up to them next time. I do feel a bit bad about that, but overall it’s a great place that seems worth returning to!

The crab simplissime was also wonderful!

Overall a lovely and comfortable spot!

1 Like

Agree about all…
The wine situation is unique…
The service could not be better…
The pork needs work…

1 Like

Even sideways the artichoke toast looks delicious.

1 Like

My observation as well from the visit last week.
Service and attitude were awesome.

Wine program very good for the type of restaurant it is.

Food - hit or miss, but small plates/appetizers were better than mains.