Thanksgiving Pies

FYI for OC folks. The Filling Station in Orange isn’t doing pumpkin pies this year.

1 Like

Lol i missed the fat and flour pecan pie by 30 minutes the other day

I’m picking up pecan from friends & family and coconut meringue from all day baby

1 Like

Terrible. I was in Chicago and missed out on the pecan pie as well. Was banking on this and now scrambling for other options.

1 Like

I know it’s not whole and still weeks away, but Fat & Flour was doing pecan slices today :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Thanks I might have to grab one for myself!!

1 Like

Apple galettes and date cakes for pickup on Thanksgiving from pastry chef Fuyuko Kondo

Previously posted by @PorkyBelly

5 Likes

Where is pickup?

I think pickups were usually in Highland Park in the past, but I got mine at a Venice pop-up. Her site does say that she’ll be back in Venice on Dec. 4 though.

1 Like

Don’t sleep on Doubting Thomas pies. They have a pecan too!

1 Like

Just fyi sounds like it’s Pasadena based on the insta comments.

1 Like

You may want to text fat and flour. One of the guys told me they’ll be open through the 24th. Maybe you can get slices of the pecan pie in time for thanksgiving. Even if its not a full pie

8 Likes

@butteredwaffles how was the pie?

Delicious!

Pecan pie gooey candy but firm

Apple crumble - I’d buy tubs of the crumble to snack on

Caramel pumpkin - for me that perfect mix of fancy and classic. But I love pumpkin pie

6 Likes

Darn I’m actually in downtown but it looks like Fat n Flour is closed on Sunday.

That sucks. I realize now he probably meant they’ll be open Monday through wednesday for pickups and will have pastry available as well

I got a @Piechase Sweet Potato Pie for a friend and one for home. SIL has tweaked it, added a tad more sweetness and nailed the filling - perfect balance of texture, spices, savory, sweet, custardy, sweet potato goodness. :kissing_closed_eyes:

I can’t remember why we have a can of WF whipped cream in the fridge but so happy we do. :blush:

Happy Thanksgiving! :wine_glass: :turkey: :pie:

9 Likes

I got the pecan and apple pies from Republique. the filling of the pecan pie was wonderfully chewy, but it was too sweet and the crust way too thick—it was hard to slice into thin pieces. the apple pie was the winner. also got the dinner rolls, which were fine, but I prefer the butterflake rolls from Gelsons.

9 Likes

Starting early but interested to see where people will be getting pies from this year? I struck out at Fat N Flour but hoping I can get my hands on one this year.

2 Likes

Republique is a good option and just sent out an e-mail blast about holiday pie orders: République - République's Holiday Pies, Seasonal Cakes, Breads, & Baked Goods - Los Angeles, CA | Tock

3 Likes

Anyone have any suggestions on great pies on Goldbelly or anywhere that will ship to middle america?