The Anchovy and Sardine Thread

Nice find! But shipping is $12!! More than the anchovies LOL

1 Like

Thanks for the rec @chinchi.

I got 6 tins & some spicy chorizo. My shipping was $9.99. Must be my sunny disposition.

3 Likes

i find it surprising that if something is salted, it’s not tasted before serving. at the very least, i’d expect them to include a slice of lemon as an option to bring up the acidity in case it’s too salty.

I think chefs become tongue blind to salt.

1 Like

not the head chefs. but i’d fire the person who plated it without checking.

I stocked up on some other goodies to make the shipping cost worth it. Like @TheCookie my shipping was $9.99 (within CA). I had to call my order in, though, because the shipping cost that auto-populated on their website came up as over $30 for me! They were happy to assist by phone.

2 Likes

Nice. Yes, my shipping was high but when I entered my address it went down, then went back up when I put in a bottle of wine so I deleted that. I’ll call next time like you.

At a place like gjusta to expect someone to taste each outgoing dish would be quite difficult

1 Like

that may well be, but somewhere in the process there should be a quality control measure, especially if they’re doing the salt-curing in house, and it’s on the head chef to ensure that a recipe is executed flawlessly without fail by whoever performs the task.

…and fast too!

Everything came cold-packed in a small styrofoam cooler that will come in handy if we ever need to be out when our Be Happy ice cream order is delivered. :wink:

7 Likes

My order came today too! Ordered dried and salted tuna loin (mojama) in addition to the sardines. Excited to try it.

3 Likes

Nice! I never know what to get at La Espanola. There’s so much and it seems like a mind boggling amount of pork.

1 Like

The Pujadó Solano anchovies are incredible! So meaty and flavorful. I wish I’d ordered more, so I did order more :sweat_smile: I also enjoyed the majoma so I ordered another chunk of that. I loved prosciutto and charcuterie before I went pescatarian, and the mojama reminds me of the smooth saltiness of cured meat.

5 Likes

Its probably because of this thread . I ordered . Agostino Recca .Colatura di Alici . Anchovy juice . Picking up at the P.O tomorrow. Exciting.

3 Likes

Mojama goes nicely with asparagus like Prociutto does too

1 Like

Great idea, thank you!

Hi @chinchi -

Glad you love the anchovies! Would love to see what you make with them. I must try Mojama.

TBC…

1 Like

Anchovy juice arrived today . Adding a couple drops to the clam and mussel dish .

8 Likes

Is that their colatura di alici with an English label?

Yes . You should try it . Fabulous.