"The Bear" on Hulu

That’s when the guest stars start arriving, fast and furious! And I concur, it was gripping. I have half an episode to go, and on the whole I don’t think it’s on par with the first season (although it’s still very good), because

and also too many damn montages.

3 Likes

Also, guess who doesn’t GAF about the love story? Me. Me is who.

2 Likes

Loved S2. The Marcus episode, Forks, and the season finale were the highlights of the season and every bit as good as S1. Forks is probably my favorite episode of TV this year.

5 Likes

Agree…Marcus goes to Copenhagen was lovely.

4 Likes

That had a nice arc.

1 Like

Too. Many. Montages!

1 Like

I haven’t gotten to the ‘good’ episodes but hard agree @small_h! Montages and fancy music are often crutches.

Okay, done. The finale was pretty great, with the exception of the last 5:00, which fell into the same trap as vast swaths of this season: too sentimental.Also, does Sugar’s husband HAVE to be such a wuss? Sheesh.

1 Like

I liked the season. Binged watched all 10 episodes which I almost never do and I was always anticipating what would happen next with the restaurant and the various relationships. The Christmas episode was heavy.

3 Likes

I finished it last night.

Christmas was terrifying!

That Forks episode was beautiful! Who knew Richie was capable of growth?!

Loved all the guest stars…so I guess Carmy stayed with Aunt Michelle when he worked at EMP?

2 Likes

The guest stars were so spot on… great casting!

I loved season two. It really played on the whole Highest highs and lowest lows. I love that they kicked started it with an aggressive timeline because it really set a nice pace and made you excited from the get go about the subsequent episodes.

Also, like most second seasons, it got to explore more of the secondary characters for some really lovely scenes, even within the team. How many of work and are in trenches with people we don’t really know. Overall, I was super happy with it. The finale gave some “oh man…” moments and it’s not quite as clear as to where the next season will take us…

4 Likes

We don’t have Hulu (boohoo) but here’s a piece about a French omelet they fixed.

1 Like

The omelette was basically Petir Trois’s with the addition of potato chips.

2 Likes

I’m hot for the pimento cheese :slight_smile:

That would overpower the eggs.

Did you see the “small smile”?

Bear needs a Toto.

5 Likes