The Cannibal on Platform in Culver City

I don’t think anything has reached those depths yet. But great try.

I’ve been to this place a couple times just to get some take-out or food in their display places. And every time I go, the ppl that work there are so douchey. Is it me or does anyone else feel that way? Ok, they’re a hip restaurant that serves decent food, but what’s with the attitude? And I don’t like that they tack on the automatic 20% tip at the end of a transaction. :open_mouth:

1 Like

They’re a New York transplant :wink:

We had very non-douchy service at Sunday lunch. Our server was pretty un-hip though - maybe that’s why. The bartenders were hip to the hilt. Didn’t interface with them - I wasn’t hip at all - hung head low as I crept by them in my insulting Costco attire.

2 Likes

zorofuckingaster. i dont think servers and bartenders really give a shit what u look like as long as you act like a grownup and your money is green.

whats the difference between servers judging patrons by their appearance and patrons judging servers by their appearance?

i am one confused dum dum.

Just having fun at my dick-headed fashion-challenged expense. Seriously though, our server was polite, informative and professional - and besides rolled-up sleeves, was the least hipped-out server there. They probably saw me and figured he’d be the best to handle my sorry ass.

I’ve had lunch there very casually dressed (running clothes) and have stopped in for happy hour straight from a day at the beach. There was no attitude at all even though I was underdressed.

Whenever I go somewhere that people are snooty, I just project a happy, sunny persona and people lighten up. Not always, of course, in which case I don’t go back.

2 Likes

rolled up sleeves? heck, don “i sleep on a mattress full of money” draper rolled up his sleeves. whos less hip than that?

all in fun.

1 Like

Are you talking about the butcher shop here? Because I’ve always found the folks there to be super nice and down to earth.

1 Like

Yes, the butcher shop. The consensus seems to be that the servers there are not douchey. Maybe it’s just me…:confused: