The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread

Hows the weightloss going?

Excellent!

It’s really not that hard to do.

But chips are a serious weakness. Staying strong.

2 Likes

Nice, so i tried keto for a couple of days and went crazy lol. It’s really hard for me to do.

1 Like

It gets easy. After you find substitutes for your triggers.

Bacon and ground beef and salmon, chicken salad, keto bread, hot dogs and sausages, and all kinds of nice salty nuts make it very doable for me.

My bagel craving I had toasted keto bread with 1/2 a block of cream cheese (lol) and smoked salmon.

1 Like

For me the whole intermittent fasting thing works better.

2 Likes

At the end of the day they are all just calorie restriction/weight loss techniques. But I do know that anecdotally keto allows you to drop a lot of weight quickly.

I have been doing the intermittent fasting skipping breakfast for years and that doesn’t seem to help/hurt at all. Maybe my body is just used to not eating breakfast.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2114833

I won’t eat from say 8pm to Noon the next day except for water/black coffee (no sugar). Lost a good 50 lbs that way in about 6 months. Mixing in some walking, push ups too but nothing crazy. Of course what works for me won’t necessarily work for you

1 Like

On Keto you burn a lot more fat.

I find keto easier because I really don’t have to sit there and count calories. Plus since you’re eating foods that are relatively high in fat, I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself. What diet can you sit there and eat bacon by the handful? Or put avocado on everything? Put heavy cream in your coffee rather than milk?

I keep nuts in the center console of my car.

But totally agree, you have to find something that fits your lifestyle.

1 Like

bacon and nuts and avocado sound amazing, but I’m pretty sure I would become a danger to myself and those around me if I was deprived of pasta and bread for more than 2-3 days.

I found the biggest deal for me was cutting back TREMENDOUSLY on soda. I can’t stand the diet stuff, but I went from 1-2 cans every day to 1-2 every week. Huge difference.

4 Likes

Yeah I guess the difficulty for me is that, that sounds good as a singular meal but to eat a handful of bacon at every meal or only an avocado with bacon gets pretty difficult for me for sustained periods. Plus eating fried foods is out because those have carbs.

I ended up just eating protein and veg at meals with sauce that didn’t have sugars and nuts for snacks and that made me pretty grumpy. Plus I couldn’t even it beans which I like as a filler if I’m eating less grains, rice, pasta.

1 Like

That is the hardest for me. Bread. Bagels pizza and hotdog buns. Lol.

But now they have pretty satisfying keto bread. Most are around 3 to 4 g of net carbs but some are actually just 1 g. The texture is kind of funky (especially toasted) compared to “real” bread, but it does scratch the itch. I also use it for breadcrumbs to make meatloaf or meatballs or chicken parm.

For chips I had to substitute nuts and wisps.

2 Likes

Low carb diets are not about calorie restriction.

Chicharonnes are zero carbs.

3 Likes

Exactly correct!

I missed it. Did someone say it was about calories?

Like the pizza thread but with a bathroom door! Lol where was I drunk and hungry?

4 Likes

Exactly!!

Here’s my BT (no L - didn’t have any) With plenty of mayo, plenty of calories.

Under 4 net carbs. Only like eight slices of bacon on here. It looked much thicker until I handled it before taking the photo.

3 Likes

What’s the best brands of keto bread?

Still searching. So far, I can only stomach (pun) it toasted, lathered with butter or philly cream cheese or avocado. Oh, and tuna.

No doubt the texture is funky.

Costco has a 1g net carb bread, two pack for like $6. My brother uses it for sandwiches. He likes it.

I just spent $7 on Nature’s Own, another 1g. I
Like it better than Costco (toasted) but I used a slice as a hot dog bun, and the texture is strange. Can’t explain it. Toasted it really scratches the itch.

There are articles online where keto breads are taste-tested. Most clocked in at 4g. I’m being extra strict right now so the 1g is my limit. I probably could do better taste wise with one of the article recommendations.

2 Likes

Nice I will check back in on updates for bread because that would make my life more manageable lol.

Probably am gonna have to cut weight after my vacay.

2 Likes

I’m not drunk or stoned enough to break keto. But if I were I would definitely try these.

5 Likes

I
Want
This

3 Likes