The Gold 101

Yes, one or two breakfast per day, three lunches (plus the proverbial three-martini lunch to wash it down and four dinners) that’s at least 9 meals in one day, times 5 days equals 45 meals if my math is correct and then simply subtract 5 meals from that so you don’t go completely fucking bonkers and there you go, 40 meals per week. a nice sweet spot.

and saying if you’re hitting up take out baked goods joints, you can easily fit in another half dozen.

but sadly it looks like JG may be worse for the wear, he and me both seriously need to work these days and burn off those fucked up kcal.

(emphasis added)

Ahem, I think you meant “month” (not week), right?

Otherwise, we’re looking at 7-8 miles a day.

A nice sweet spot. For a sumo wrestler maybe.

Ok, to be fair, we can knock off another ten meals or so.

Yeah, a week, why the fuck not ???

There’s lots of eating to be done and there’s thousands upon thousands of restaurants in LA.

Btw, he used that “forward” you guys like in a couple of the different restaurant blurbs in the fucking list.

And both Leona and Lincoln might be the outliers for me.

and that’s no fucking joke.

Hey, hey. Don’t be including me in them “you guys” … I’m just an ESL flunky.

Me too, my fucking bad.

I meant the reply to everyone style response to the thread, i shall repost.

i didn’t make it past ESL, but they did not that I had quite the curious predilection for a certain piece of verbiage.

And that ain’t no fucking joke.

Btw, he used that “forward” you guys like in a couple of the different restaurant blurbs in the fucking list.

And both Leona and Lincoln might be the outliers for me.

and that’s no fucking joke.

I think that’s the only thing I learned in ESL.

That certain piece of verbiage you guys call “fuck”

shit, i’ve only been to 52 of those said 101 fucked up restaurants.

i’ll create my own list and go to 100 out of 100 of them.

and that ain’t no joke.

Heck I’m no pro restaurant critic, and I could sample 1-2 lunches places per day and 2-3 dinner places per night, each at a new restaurant. Plus there’s no rule in the book that says you can’t eat another meal at 3-4pm in the afternoon (provided the place is open for business). Must shift from the paradigm of eating at only one place per meal. #tabearukilife

Ok, gonna go lie down now… I don’t feel so good.

there are days when even thomas keller just wants a burger.

1 Like

see how you feel after a month or two.

i used to consult and had to travel a lot. i ate well on a very healthy per diem but after a couple of months on the road, eating out for every meal got old pretty quick.

Been doing this since the early 2000s. But there are definitely breaks in between the gorgefests (work beckons). Regular rotation places gets worked in there quite a bit - not every meal is necessarily a new restaurant.

um…writing?

1 Like

Let’s also consider that a serious critic is going to eat at each spot that is reviewed at least 3 times before writing it up.

2 Likes

And a jigger of 1961 cheval Blanc to wash that crapola straight down the proverbial fucking gullet.

Or 4 in some but not every fucking case.

However don’t those 600 word reviews fucking write themselves essentially ???

:blush:

It never gets fucking old and when it does. Scrambled eggs and Eggo Waffles with faux pas maple syrup do the proverbial trick.

cuz, “you had one job”.