The Sale Thread

In case anybody is looking for a rice cooker. At Tokyo Central

8 Likes

Awesome deal!

WHich is considered “best”?

1 Like

And what the diff between these and the
Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup Neuro Fuzzy?

Love the name Neuro Fuzzy…it’s how I feel most of the time anyway!

2 Likes

it’s “smarter”

Shake Shack: “Through 1/3, order 2 burgers (or chick’n sandwiches) on the Shack App or online + get the 2nd burger FREE with code :sparkles:THANKYOU

“Offer is valid on the following menu items: ShackBurger, SmokeShack, Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Hot Chick’n, Chick’n Shack, and ‘Shroom Burger. Offer excludes: doubles, Shack Stacks, and regional burgers“

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWSY06FIQ8/

4 Likes

3 Likes

All Clad factory sale. It looks a bit sketchy but it’s a real site. Only 14 hours left.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.28.42 AM:sob:

I found Mori Onodera’s rice! And it’s 50% off on a website called Placewares.

https://www.placewares.com/products/moris-rice

I bought it as an impulse buy once at Phorage while waiting for my Needle order. It was in a generic plastic container with a label that read Mori’s Short Grain Rice. I knew Mori-san grew his own rice but I didn’t make the connection that this rice was from The Mori (along with grower Ichiro Tamaki), duh. I :hearts: everything about this rice - flavor, mouthfeel, chew and it’s easier to get right than my other Koshishikari rice which has found itself pushed to the back of my cupboard.

8 Likes

Zingerman’s, https://www.zingermans.com/, is having their spring sale. I have sent the Reuben kit to ebeth and to a friend. Acclaims all around.
They are featuring a lot of iberico de bellotta ham this year. Great stuff!

4 Likes

I just ordered some, thank you! Now that I have a new fancy rice cooker I want to try some fancy rice :grinning:

3 Likes

For the 2 or 3 of you that didn’t already know, if you like Mexican Coke because it’s real sugar (I know the glass bottle is really what makes it great!) this is the time of year to get yellow cap Coke. It is also real sugar. Kosher for Passover so they use good ole sucrose instead of the usual high fructose corn syrup.

You can get 4 2-liter bottles for $5 +crv at Ralphs.

12 Likes

Atticus Creamery & Pies:

“To Celebrate our Anniversary Week and our appreciation to all of our loyal customers, our Mini Pies & Ice Cream are 50% off through Saturday at the shop. In-Store Only.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN8OhLyjnmC/

5 Likes

Port Town Foods in Wilmington has Snake River Farms wagyu inside skirt steak for $9.99/lb.

Two notes:

• I’m not super familiar with Snake River Farms products so that seemed like a good price to me but that’s just from hazy recall of previous prices I’ve seen

• I’m also not familiar with Snake River Farms wagyu products (or domestic wagyu products in general) and Port Town Foods sometimes is a little loosey goosey with their labelling so I’d confirm before buying.

3 Likes

If its real that’s an incredible price. I couldn’t find inside skirt steak on their website, but here is the link for outside skirt steak, Carne Asada - American Wagyu Skirt Steak - $70 for 1 1/2 pounds.

Wow, thanks for actual hard prices. I guess this is a good deal (if accurate).

I should clarify, when I say their labeling is a little lax they’ll frequently label something in quotes in kind of an odd way (eg., “DUROC”, “SMOKING”). That said, it seems more out of some misplaced sense of punctuation than some kind of scammy upsell. Additionally, the one time I did purchase from them they had accidentally put an unusually low price on the mailer and they honored that so it seems like their quirky system may work in your favor on occasion.

2 Likes

I vote for buying those steaks at that price (9.99lb) I bought a lot of Snake River Farms American Wagyu & New Port Kobe-style from a cruise line warehouse sale during the lockdown (their labeling was kinda’ wonky too, btw). Even frozen they were incredible and I’d have to look but I think they were a couple dollars more per pound than yours… but sooo worth it.

I bet it’s going to be cheaper than the Eataly waygu sale next weekend. They specifically mention Snake River Farms in their IG post.

2 Likes

Is snake river really worth it? I’ve had different cuts a couple of times at restaurants and never thought it was anything remarkable. Is it all marketing? Or is their beef actually really high quality?