The Sale Thread

Sources want to know, is it Snake River or is it Snake Oil?

2 Likes

It’s good.

2 Likes

its good but the marbling can be inconsistent.

3 Likes

Luxe Seafood no longer sells to the public for delivery or pickup. Boo. But they gave some alternatives and were pretty adamant about needing to support restaurants so it’s hard not to like them.

1 Like

what alternatives did they suggest? pacific fresh dtla sells to public and pretty similar in price to luxe…

I’m not sure! I scribbled down a note but I must have not caught it all because all I heard was “Ocean” and there are a lot of wholesalers with that name.

Ooh, thanks for the tip on Pacific Fresh. I’m going to try them when I get back. I loved ordering from Luxe. I wish they would continue to sell to the public, maybe just increase their minimum order to $500 or something. I could easily buy that amount.

2 Likes

report back on pacific fresh…best time to go w/ all fish markets is very early in the AM. the restaurant depot in pasadena carries pretty good fresh fish too… we also find their shellfish collection (both in price and selection) superior to luxe actually. got case of kumamoto for $1 per piece.

yeah super convenient w/ home delivery. might have to use some of our friends restaurant account when time comes.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks for this - still chasing spot prawns (like the ones Luxe flaunts on their IG) - anyone got any leads?

3 Likes

vons has cherries on sale if you use their app for $1.99 lb. I went and they were too light red for my tastes. They have to be dark for me to buy them. This was the Fairfax one.

Dry aged meat weekend at Eataly starts today Friday 6/18.
50% off Creekstone Farms cuts like Bone In NY Strip and 60 day dry aged ribeyes.

5 Likes

This is a great deal those 60 day rib eyes are so good!

Wow. Restaurant Depot? :open_mouth:

Zingerman’s is having their summer sale, Foods On Sale for sale. Buy online at Zingerman's Mail Order. Traditional Artisan Gourmet Food Gifts. Best Holiday Gift Baskets, Monthly Clubs
Lot’s of good items and their shipping is pretty reasonable.

1 Like

Somebody should do OOE on sale for 50% off and free shipping

5 Likes

On sale for $180. Going fast. Only a couple colors left.

4 Likes

Cookbook sale at Now Serving LA

Dog Days Of Summer Sale – Now Serving (nowservingla.com)

2 Likes

Going out of business sale at Pantry LA. 60% off everything.
Open 10-4, not sure how many more days they’re going to last.
Seems like you can still buy online with the discount added at checkout.
https://www.pantryla.com/
Stopped in for Espinaler sauce and ended up with a OOE Rancho Gordo Beans and quality conservas.
Sad to see them go, but they would love some help clearing out the rest of their inventory.

3 Likes

Eataly Snake River Farms Wagyu sale this weekend. Prices listed below seem very reasonable.

5 Likes