The Sale Thread

Because there isn’t a Non-Sale Thread…

Was just at Gelson’s picking up a few items and saw they have Prime Ribeye steaks for $52/lbs. Not dry aged, not wagyu. Just USDA prime. WhoTF is buying this at that price???

4 Likes

me, one day…

2 Likes

belcampo going out of business sale.
https://belcampo.com/collections

Black Friday stuff. Best deals are almost 50% off on kitchen aid stand mixer, La Creuset pot and air fryer.

6 Likes

Is all clad a bad deal for the 10 piece?

It depends. it appears to be D3… Which is their entry level stainless.

I am not a fan of All Clad’s lid (I have some older stainless steel Calphalon that has held up amazing over the years and they have glass lids which I perfer), but I think the 10 piece is one piece too many. For the same line, for a little cheaper you can get this 7 pc. which has more of the workhorse pans…

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/all-clad-stainless-steel-7-piece-cookware-set-100-exclusive?ID=547610&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-GMM4+-+Home+-+All+Other+Home+Categories-_-Housewares-_-11644503185USA-_-go_cmp-13050177727_adg-125107864554_ad-520613130204_aud-847008262443:pla-879547531665_dev-c_ext-_prd-11644503185USA&gclid=CjwKCAiA4veMBhAMEiwAU4XRr4JVENjM8_8bjFBadGHZSVIxwBeicz-RgI_RDit50aRyebT3A39rSBoC_tIQAvD_BwE

And if you are willing to spend a little more… WS is having a sale on the top of line D5 pan set.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/all-clad-d5-stainless-steel-10-piece-cookware-set/?pkey=ccookware-sets

Also, if you are lucky… on occasion you can find the D3 sets at Homegoods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls for $300.00.

–Dommy!

3 Likes

Thanks @Dommy super helpful!

1 Like

There is a start up, misen.com. I have purchased most of what they make and I really like their products. Their stainless steel is superior to my All Clad cookware; their knives have replaced my Wusthof, and their Dutch oven is better than my Le Creuset. They are having a site wide 25% off sale (code is GRAVYTRAIN25).

2 Likes

On sale for $129.99

4 Likes

Misen has their 7qt for 165 and 25% off for the next dayish

3 Likes

I don’t own anything by misen btw but i was thinking of picking that up

3 Likes

I have it and use it more than my Le Creuset. The dual purpose lid works well as a grill pan.

3 Likes

Good deal. Go for it. I would seriously consider a Misen if I hadn’t bought the 3.5 qt Le Creuset on sale further up thread. I love it as I’m mostly cooking for two now and get way more use from the 3.5 than my big one.

3 Likes

backed their original chefs knife and several more of their products. Misen has been excellent and would recommend any of their lines.

2 Likes

1.99 a jar at Grocery Outlet (Altadena)

11 Likes

I paid $13 at Sprouts for that.

5 Likes

Thank you!
Picked up three jars this morning.
Still plenty left.

1 Like

I wonder if they have them at other stores? Or only the altadena store?

This sucks for me. The money saved would be spent on gas and time driving to Altadena. But! I have a sister who lives in Altadena… a vegetarian who would eat dirt before going to Grocery Outlet to buy me jars of duck fat! :smirk:

3 Likes

At least dirt is vegan :grin:

3 Likes