Violet Bistro - Westwood Village

That’s good to hear. My family goes a bunch and they’ve never had an experience like that either. The restaurant actually got back to me yesterday via email and explained it was the single busiest night they’ve ever had. They are still trying to work out how to handle the theater crowd that decides to sit until curtain. They have such limited space up front that it’s definitely going to take some sorting out to handle those full tables + the next round of reservations arriving 7-730. Westwood definitely needs a place like this so I’m rooting for them. I’ll definitely be going back and am interested to see who they bring in to run the kitchen.

4 Likes

On the new chef, this was in their newsletter a few weeks ago:

Before Chef Cassidy makes her way back to her roots in San Diego, where she will explore new opportunities while spending more time with her family, she will make sure that her successor is prepared to fill her extra-large shoes. We are thrilled to announce the appointment of Chef Brian Rigsby as Violet’s new Head Chef.

Born in Milwaukee and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas, Brian started cooking when he was fifteen, quickly falling in love with the metier. At twenty-three, he moved to Los Angeles to work with Jon and Vinny at their catering company, Caramelized Productions. Brian helped open the original Jon & Vinny’s on Fairfax and then moved to Animal for a stint in carnivore cooking. He later moved to Craft L.A. in Century City, training under the legendary celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. At 26, Brian became the youngest and first African-American Chef de Cuisine at Craft, leading the kitchen team until the restaurant’s recent closure. His culinary passions include showcasing Los Angeles’ farmers market bounties using French techniques, mastering sushi, and Creole cooking. He loves sustainable farming, spending time at the beach, and hunting for the best pizza and burger in L.A. Please help us in giving Brian a warm Bienvenue!

5 Likes