Warrior vs. Langer's: threat or menace

I wonder if Langers will open a location in this former Sunland location of Sizzlerer.

8 Likes

Sizzlerer = Sizzler harder.

8 Likes

Before you go, can you advise where that mute button is? Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Discourse doesn’t have such a feature. I believe it’s contrary to their design philosophy.

Click on the user’s avatar to get to their profile, then click on the gray tab next to the “Message” option - default setting is “Normal.”

In the drop down menu choose from:
Normal
Muted - You will not receive any notifications related to this user.
Ignored - You will not receive notifications related to this user and all of their topics and replies will be hidden.

5 Likes

It originally was but at some point in the past few years they made changes. At one point one could “Mute” a user but had to set a timeframe, from what I vaguely recall.

Huh, used to be they were philosophically opposed to individuals hiding each others’ posts. I guess they changed their minds.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-ignore-a-user/110254

2 Likes

Yup, I started using this feature last year when pandemic started and with purposely obtuse people or who would try to spread disinformation. I used it mainly in the Random Covid thread so I could stay on top of pertinent articles being posted but ignore the noise from bad actors.

Generally I don’t use it on the rest of the site because if I disagree with someone, I just start ignoring the follow up posts and the topic dies down anyway. But the Covid thread was a big exception.

4 Likes

The other way to go about it is to click on your Account → Preferences and the click on “Users” under “Notifications.” You can enter all users you wish to mute that way.

2 Likes

Are warrior and peony the same . Confused .

Apparently two people sharing one account. They make it clear who’s posting what.

1 Like

Warrior: You are Warrior. I am Peony, no longer Warrior.

Peony: You are Peony. I am Warrior, no longer Peony.

WarriorPeony: Unnamed, free from parting.

1 Like

5 Likes

From now on I’m LOGAN

3 Likes

What happened to Peony/Warrior posts? I really enjoyed their reviews.

Been lurking since poor-gate.

2 Likes

probation

1 Like

well, wish they were back!

I agree. Wildly-overrated with one good item. To be fair I haven’t tried everything on the menu - but I’ve tried a few things and found it be pretty much average Jewish Deli.

I’ve had one. That’s it for me and Langer’s knishes.

1 Like