Warrior's not-tasty-food restaurant: threat or menace?

I’ve been thinking a lot about dynamic food recently – dishes that change as you eat them. The vertically stacked burrito would be a crude way to implement it. I want to shock people’s senses in my new restaurant and change the way people think about food.

Why not just rewind back to the 90s and do it all ‘deconstructed’?

Then the people can see what’s going on and have control over it. I want to have moments like when the Misery woman hammers the guys legs. Not literally. I mean, the surprising nature of it.

Peony says she wants our restaurant to make tasty food, but I said people have been doing that for thousands of years, and it’s gotten boring.

Restaurants which focus on novelty have only a very short lifespan. People tend to not visit restaurants very often (or even twice) if the dishes are not tasting good. Inexperienced restaurant owners tend to forget that successful restaurants are not about fulfilling their dreams of food but trying to capture the dreams of food of their customers

1 Like

This. If your goal is to

maybe you should be paying me to eat there.

We aren’t entering the restaurant business to make money. We want to change the way people think about food.

We won’t pay you to eat at our restaurant, but we do plan to vary the prices based on demonstrated financial need.

So we’re supposed to show our tax returns when we order? Good luck with that!

Well, it’s up to you. If you don’t want to apply for financial aid, that’s fine with us. We just want to make our restaurant accessible to everyone even though it will probably cost around $1,000 per person.

Anyway, we are nowhere near the point yet where we need to be worrying about this. We are still working out location etc.

I’ll wait for the reviews.

1 Like

You can only change the way people think about food if many restaurants use a similar approach which they only will do if the “first” restaurant was financially successful. No financial unsuccessful restaurant (or any business) had any impact on any kind change in the past

It’s been said that only a few thousand people bought the Velvet Underground & Nico, but every one of those people started a band.

1 Like

Simpsons did it.

1 Like

I wasn’t gonna bring that (the Bros review) up but….

It also strikes me as amusing that the attitude expressed by Mr. Warrior is not dissimilar to the views that Chef Slowik (Ralph Fiennes) denounces so strongly he is motivated to mass murder in the recent foodie/black satire film The Menu.

If you haven’t seen it, I thoroughly recommend it. Food. Laughs. Violence. Gorgeous cinematography.

4 Likes

Today’s journey begins by uniting the depths of the sea with the riches of our forests. We’ve emulsified locally sourced scallops encased in a flash-frozen seawater roe blend on a bed of foraged huckleberry foam. All bathed in the smoke of Douglas fir cones.

1 Like

Quotes are always nice because they don’t have to be based on facts

1 Like

…and a spoiler alert.

1 Like

I’ve tried to avoid learning anything about the movie since I know I want to watch it whenever it streams, but I already picked that up from the ads.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like to know very much about a movie before I see it. I could tell there was a murder in The Menu but didn’t know Chef committed mass murder. Now between the ads, HBOs First Look and this thread I feel like I don’t need to see it, lol.

1 Like