What are the Places You’ll Eat at first Post-COVID Lockdown?

We all know the “safer at home” order and the ban on dining won’t last forever. And, dining out isn’t just about the food, it’s also the experience (atmosphere, wait staff, etc).

What are the restaurants that you’ll eat at in the first month after the restrictions are lifted? Of course, let’s hope they’ll still be in business.

4 Likes

Sizzler

4 Likes

Haha. AYCE shrimp and salad. Understandable.

1 Like

We’ve been talking about that. We’re planning on keeping it local. Shuck, Pueblo, LSXO, Taqueria Zamora, and Henry’s Ocean View Dining are on the list so far.

3 Likes

Can’t believe I’m saying this:

Salsa and Beer, NoHo.

5 Likes

I am jacks complete lack of surprise

3 Likes

All the taco stands around my neighborhood I used to hit frequently. I want the whole experience. Walk up, be greeted and see the smile on their faces when they recognize me as I place my order. Watch them cut up the meats and assemble my taco, dressing my taco at the salsa bar. Eat my tacos, washing it down with an orange jarritos while watching the line be efficiently handled.

I want to see every single one of them back, happy, healthy and safe with plenty of business. Seeing those stands and people on my nightly walks always made me happy and reinforced why I love living in LA and its entrepreneurial food culture.

20 Likes

Dude, I expect you to be in a food coma passed out on the floor at Prime.

(Damn, starting to think about Daichan.)

2 Likes

I’m running to Chinese and Korean mom and pop places we frequent like Earthen, BBQ Chicken, Young Dong Soon Tofu and the like.

7 Likes

ditto, places like liang’s kitchen, zui xiang yuan, if they’re still open. and taco places like carnitas el momo.

4 Likes

shin sen gumi Monterey Park Yakitori night with a bunch of friends

3 Likes

At this point, I’m willing to take anything with sit down service.

7 Likes

Los Angeles County health officials … advised, in particular, reducing excessive trips to grocery stores, to curtail the spread of the virus …

My work cafeteria.

3 Likes

I’m not sure where but I know what. Sushi!!!

4 Likes

Somewhere in New Orleans.

3 Likes

Ye Olde King’s Head!

1 Like

New Flavor of India in Rosemead.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/new-flavor-of-india-rosemead?osq=indian+food

3 Likes

Home, but with friends…

15 Likes

Two no name places from me:

One is a taco table that sets up on Friday night’s right by the East LA Food 4 Less parking lot (3654 Olympic Boulevard)
This table has ladies patting out fresh tortillas, taco and burrito size, and believe the men wear t-shirts with “El Carbon” or “El Carniceria” on the back. The suadero is my favorite. Next to this stand is ususally a tiny churros cart.
The setting sounds grim, but the lighting is surprisingly flattering, and the food is so goddamn good, I fall in love with LA every time.

The other has a name, but I can’t remember it. It’s a Viet place in the SGV for the chicken pho with that fantastic ginger dipping sauce. I got the place from the long chicken pho thread on this board, and in addition to getting a bowl of the very excellent soup, I’ll probably try whatever special is on their chalkboard, too.

That’s the thing I miss most–trying new things at places I love.

11 Likes